Affiliation: University of Houston
- Functional connectivity networks in the autistic and healthy brain assessed using Granger causalityLuca Pollonini
Department of Engineering Technology, University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2010:1730-3. 2010..5% accuracy in separating the two groups. These findings suggest that analysis of functional connectivity patterns may provide a valuable method for the early detection of autism...
- Auditory cortex activation to natural speech and simulated cochlear implant speech measured with functional near-infrared spectroscopyLuca Pollonini
Abramson Center for the Future of Health and Department of Engineering Technology, University of Houston, 300 Technology Building, Suite 123, Houston, TX 77204, USA Electronic address
Hear Res 309:84-93. 2014..These data collected using fNIRS are consistent with the fMRI literature and thus demonstrate the feasibility of using this technique to objectively detect differences in cortical responses to speech of different intelligibility. ..
- Integrated device for the measurement of systemic and local oxygen transport during physical exerciseLuca Pollonini
Abramson Center for the Future of Health and Department of Engineering Technology, University of Houston, TX 77204, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2012:3760-3. 2012..This study shows that combined NIRS, ECG and PPG measurements yield useful information to understand the interplay between systemic and local muscular responses to exercise...
- A novel handheld device for use in remote patient monitoring of heart failure patients--design and preliminary validation on healthy subjectsLuca Pollonini
College of Technology, University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA
J Med Syst 36:653-9. 2012..80. We found that systolic time intervals did not improve the model significantly. However, STIs did inversely correlate with increasing workloads...
- Cortical Activation Patterns Correlate with Speech Understanding After Cochlear ImplantationCristen Olds
1Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA 2Department of Engineering Technology and Abramson Center for the Future of Health, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, USA 3Department of Psychological Sciences, University of California, Merced, Merced, California, USA and 4Department of Neurosurgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Ear Hear 37:e160-72. 2016..To better understand this variability in outcomes, the authors used functional near-infrared spectroscopy to image activity within regions of the auditory cortex and compare the results to behavioral measures of speech perception...
- Information communication networks in severe traumatic brain injuryLuca Pollonini
Biomedical Imaging Lab, Department of Engineering Technology, University of Houston, 218 Philip G Hoffman Hall, Houston, TX, 77204 3058, USA
Brain Topogr 23:221-6. 2010..The results of this study suggest that analysis of brain connectivity networks based on GC can be a highly accurate approach for classifying subjects affected by severe traumatic brain injury...
- PHOEBE: a method for real time mapping of optodes-scalp coupling in functional near-infrared spectroscopyLuca Pollonini
Department of Engineering Technology, University of Houston, 4734 Calhoun Road, Houston, TX 77204, USA
Biomed Opt Express 7:5104-5119. 2016..The methodology described in this paper has been implemented in a software tool named PHOEBE (placing headgear optodes efficiently before experimentation) that is freely available for use by the fNIRS community...
- Blood lactate thresholds and walking/running economy are determinants of backpack-running performance in trained soldiersRichard J Simpson
Laboratory of Integrated Physiology, Department of Health and Human Performance, University of Houston, 3875 Holman Street, Houston, TX 77204, USA Biomedicine and Sports Science Research Group, School of Life, Sport and Social Sciences, Edinburgh Napier University, Edinburgh EH11 4BN, Scotland, UK Electronic address
Appl Ergon 58:566-72. 2017..4 (r = 0.65) km h(-1) were significantly associated with field test completion time. We report for the first time that LTs and backpack walk/run economy are major determinants of backpack load-carriage performance in trained soldiers. ..