Jonathan W Pinkston
Affiliation: University of North Texas
- Force dynamics in fixed-ratio schedulesJonathan W Pinkston
University of North Texas, United States Electronic address
Behav Processes 103:112-6. 2014....
- Reinforcer magnitude attenuates: apomorphine's effects on operant peckingJonathan W Pinkston
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 76205, USA
J Exp Anal Behav 98:273-82. 2012..The data are consistent with the literature on behavioral resistance to change and suggest that the effects of apomorphine may be modulated by prevailing stimulus-reinforcer relationships...
- Delay discounting in C57BL/6J and DBA/2J mice: adolescent-limited and life-persistent patterns of impulsivityJonathan W Pinkston
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX, USA
Behav Neurosci 125:194-201. 2011..The present findings suggest that B6 and D2 strains may be differentially suited to uncovering the biological mechanism of short-term and long-term patterns of impulsive behavior...
- Reinforcement magnitude modulation of rate dependent effects in pigeons and ratsBrett C Ginsburg
Department of Psychiatry, Auburn University, 226 Thach Hall, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 19:285-94. 2011..Subsequent analysis of the rate-dependency data suggest the effects of reinforcement magnitude may be due to a diminution of drug-induced increases in low-rate behavior that occurs early in the fixed-interval...
- Ethanol effects on multiple fixed-interval, fixed-ratio responding in mice with deletions of the serotonin transporter geneRichard J Lamb
Departments of aPsychiatry bPhysiology cPharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio dDepartment of Behavioral Analysis, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, USA
Behav Pharmacol 25:92-5. 2014....
- The potency of fluvoxamine to reduce ethanol self-administration decreases with concurrent availability of foodBrett C Ginsburg
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Alcohol and Drug Addiction, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio 78229, USA
Behav Pharmacol 23:134-42. 2012..The results demonstrate that the potency of fluvoxamine in reducing ethanol-maintained behavior depends on whether ethanol is available in isolation or in the context of concurrently scheduled food reinforcement...
- Ethanol self-administration in mice under a second-order scheduleRichard J Lamb
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA Electronic address
Alcohol 49:561-70. 2015..This work demonstrates that long FI schedules of ethanol delivery may be useful in studying ethanol seeking in mice. ..
- Reinforcer magnitude and rate dependency: evaluation of resistance-to-change mechanismsJonathan W Pinkston
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Behav Pharmacol 25:629-36. 2014..The results suggest that a resistance-to-change interpretation of the effects of reinforcer magnitude on rate dependency is not viable. ..
- Examination of reinforcement magnitude on the pharmacological disruption of fixed-ratio performanceJonathan W Pinkston
Universityof Texas Health Science Center, Department of Psychiatry, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 17:237-46. 2009..The results give additional support to the notion that pharmacological disruptors may not behave in the manner predicted by behavioral momentum theory...