Laura B Pincus
Affiliation: University of California
- Basal cell carcinomas arising within multiple trichoepitheliomasLaura B Pincus
Department of Dermatology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Cutan Pathol 35:59-64. 2008..This report is a compelling example of MFT in which BCCs evolved secondarily. Awareness of the potential for the evolution of carcinoma in patients with MFT is important in the management of these patients...
- Marked papillary dermal edema--an unreliable discriminator between polymorphous light eruption and lupus erythematosus or dermatomyositisLaura B Pincus
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Cutan Pathol 37:416-25. 2010..Older reports also describe papillary dermal edema in microscopic sections of dermatomyositis (DM)...
- Use of an expanded immunohistochemical panel to distinguish cutaneous Hodgkin lymphoma from histopathologic imitatorsRaymond J Cho
Department of Dermatology, University of California San Francisco, 1701 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Cutan Pathol 39:651-8. 2012..To our knowledge, this is the first report of the expression pattern of the combination of PAX5, Oct-2 and BOB.1 in the context of cutaneous involvement by Hodgkin lymphoma...
- Immunohistochemical prognostication of Merkel cell carcinoma: p63 expression but not polyomavirus status correlates with outcomeBrian J Hall
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Cutan Pathol 39:911-7. 2012..Larger studies will need to be performed in order to determine whether p63 status should be included in MCC staging, since our study is limited by its relative small size...
- SOX-10 expression in cutaneous myoepitheliomas and mixed tumorsAgne Naujokas
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Cutan Pathol 41:353-63. 2014..SOX-10 expression can be demonstrated by immunohistochemistry in salivary gland myoepitheliomas, but its expression in cutaneous myoepitheliomas and in cutaneous mixed tumors with prominent myoepithelial cells has not been studied...
- Neutrophil-rich subcutaneous fat necrosis of the newborn: A potential mimic of infectionRoberto R Ricardo-Gonzalez
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, California
J Am Acad Dermatol 75:177-185.e17. 2016..However, we encountered patients with SCFN whose biopsy specimens revealed mostly neutrophils, prompting infection to be an initial consideration...
- Warfarin-Associated Nonuremic CalciphylaxisWesley Yung Hsu Yu
Department of Dermatology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco
JAMA Dermatol . 2017..Our review indicates that warfarin-associated calciphylaxis is clinically and pathophysiologically distinct from classic calciphylaxis...
- Outcomes after diagnosis of mycosis fungoides and Sézary syndrome before 30 years of age: a population-based studyWeiyun Z Ai
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
JAMA Dermatol 150:709-15. 2014..Mycosis fungoides and Sézary syndrome (MF/SS) are rare in children and young adults, and thus the incidence and outcomes in this patient population are not well studied...
- Subcutaneous panniculitis-like T-cell lymphoma with overlapping clinicopathologic features of lupus erythematosus: coexistence of 2 entities?Laura B Pincus
Departments of Dermatology and daggerPathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 31:520-6. 2009..Additionally, screening for cutaneous LE and SLE could be considered in patients with SPTCL...
- Maintenance of peripheral tolerance through controlled tissue homing of antigen-specific T cells in K14-mOVA miceTeresa Bianchi
Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 182:4665-74. 2009..Taken together, controlled skin homing of T cells is critical for the maintenance of peripheral immune tolerance to epidermal self-Ags...
- Images in clinical medicine. The Stewart-Treves syndromeLaura B Pincus
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
N Engl J Med 359:950. 2008
- The exanthem of dengue fever: Clinical features of two US tourists traveling abroadLaura B Pincus
Department of Dermatology at University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:308-16. 2008..Chikungunya fever is an emerging infectious disease now seen in returning US tourists and should be considered in the differential diagnosis of dengue fever in the appropriate patient...