Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Sleep disorders during pregnancyGrace W Pien
Divisions of Sleep Medicine and Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sleep 27:1405-17. 2004....
- Changes in symptoms of sleep-disordered breathing during pregnancyGrace W Pien
Center for Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Sleep 28:1299-305. 2005..Although incident snoring is common in pregnant women and has been proposed as a potential risk factor for adverse maternal-fetal outcomes, the development of sleep-disordered breathing during pregnancy has not been prospectively described...
- Predictors of sleep quality in women in the menopausal transitionGrace W Pien
Division of Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Sleep 31:991-9. 2008..To determine associations between menopausal status, reproductive hormone levels, menopausal symptoms, and poor sleep quality...
- Investigating the associations between nocturia and sleep disorders in perimenopausal womenManish Gopal
Division of Urogynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Urol 180:2063-7. 2008..We determined the associations between nocturia and sleep disorders in perimenopausal women...
- Obstructive sleep apnea in patients undergoing bariatric surgery--a tertiary center experienceAharon E Sareli
Penn Sleep Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Obes Surg 21:316-27. 2011..In addition, we hypothesized that we would be able to predict which subjects had severe OSA (apnea-hypopnea index (AHI) > 30)...
- Symptoms associated with menopausal transition and reproductive hormones in midlife womenEllen W Freeman
Departments of Obstetrics Gynecology, Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, 3701 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:230-40. 2007....
- Update on sleep and its disordersAllan I Pack
Center for Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology, Division of Sleep Medicine Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Annu Rev Med 62:447-60. 2011..Hence, inadequate sleep is associated with development of obesity. OSA is also an independent risk factor for insulin resistance; treatment of OSA can improve insulin sensitivity...
- Age and sleep disturbances among American men and women: data from the U.S. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance SystemMichael A Grandner
Center for Sleep and Circadian Neurobiology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sleep 35:395-406. 2012..Explore the prevalence of sleep-related complaints across age groups, examining effects of sex, general health, and depressed mood...
- How much do crashes related to obstructive sleep apnea cost?Allan I Pack
Sleep 27:369-70. 2004
- Longitudinal Study--Sleep-Disordered Breathing/PregnancyGrace Pien; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Mechanisms of Sleep-Disordered Breathing in the Menopausal TransitionGrace W Pien; Fiscal Year: 2010..These findings will allow us to identify women at risk for sleep-disordered breathing after menopause and to focus on tailoring treatments in this area. ..