M E Pichichero
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Safety and immunogenicity of six acellular pertussis vaccines and one whole-cell pertussis vaccine given as a fifth dose in four- to six-year-old childrenM E Pichichero
Department of Microbiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York, USA
Pediatrics 105:e11. 2000....
- Fifth vaccination with dipthteria, tetanus and acellular pertussis is beneficial in four- to six-year-oldsM E Pichichero
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, NY 14642, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 20:427-33. 2001..Diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis serum antibody titers were assessed before a fifth dose of diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP) or diphtheria-tetanus-whole cell pertussis (DTwP) vaccination at age 4 to 6 years...
- An adenoviral vector-based mucosal vaccine is effective in protection against botulismQ Xu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Gene Ther 16:367-75. 2009..These results suggest that the adenoviral vector is a highly effective gene-based mucosal vaccine against botulism...
- Higher levels of mucosal antibody to pneumococcal vaccine candidate proteins are associated with reduced acute otitis media caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae in young childrenQ Xu
Rochester General Hospital Research Institute, Rochester, New York, USA
Mucosal Immunol 8:1110-7. 2015..These results indicate that higher naturally acquired mucosal antibody levels to PhtD, PcpA and Ply are associated with reduced AOM caused by Spn. ..
- Functional deficits of pertussis-specific CD4+ T cells in infants compared to adults following DTaP vaccinationS K Sharma
Center for Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Research Institute, Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, NY 14621, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 169:281-91. 2012..We show for the first time that DTaP vaccination-induced CD4(+) T cells in infants are functionally and phenotypically dissimilar from those of adults...
- New combination vaccinesM E Pichichero
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 47:407-26. 2000..Thus, physicians must make room for all of the new vaccines on the horizon. To accomplish that task, combinations will be necessary. Progress toward that goal is occurring...
- Diagnostic accuracy of otitis media and tympanocentesis skills assessment among pediatriciansM E Pichichero
Elmwood Pediatric Group, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 672, NY 14642, Rochester, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 22:519-24. 2003..The results indicate that pediatricians may often misdiagnose OME as AOM, but they select appropriate antibiotics about 80% of the time and can be trained to accurately perform tympanocentesis...
- Pharmacodynamic analysis and clinical trial of amoxicillin sprinkle administered once daily for 7 days compared to penicillin V potassium administered four times daily for 10 days in the treatment of tonsillopharyngitis due to Streptococcus pyogenes in chM E Pichichero
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 672, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:2512-20. 2008....
- Acute otitis media disease managementM E Pichichero
Elmwood Pediatric Group, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Minerva Pediatr 55:415-38. 2003..Three injections of ceftriaxone or gatifloxacin (when approved) or diagnostic/therapeutic tympanocentisis (when approved) become a third-line treatment option. No single antibiotic or management strategy is ideal for all patients...
- Are follow-up throat cultures necessary when rapid antigen detection tests are negative for group A streptococci?T Mayes
Department of Microbiology Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 40:191-5. 2001..Throat culture confirmation of RAD test negative results in pharyngitis patients may not be medically necessary for most patients with currently available RAD tests and is costly...