N Andrew Peterson
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Tobacco outlet density, cigarette smoking prevalence, and demographics at the county level of analysisN Andrew Peterson
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, University of Iowa, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 5242, USA
Subst Use Misuse 40:1627-35. 2005..Findings are discussed in light of the state's low income inequality. Implications of the study and directions for future research are discussed...
- Social cohesion and intrapersonal empowerment: gender as moderatorN Andrew Peterson
Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Health Educ Res 19:533-42. 2004..Implications for community interventions and directions for future research are discussed...
- Beyond the individual: toward a nomological network of organizational empowermentN Andrew Peterson
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Community Psychol 34:129-45. 2004..Intraorganizational, interorganizational, and extraorganizational components of OE are described. Implications for empowerment theory and practice are discussed...
- Measuring the intrapersonal component of psychological empowerment: confirmatory factor analysis of the sociopolitical control scaleN Andrew Peterson
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, E238 GH, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Am J Community Psychol 38:287-97. 2006..Implications of the study for empowerment-based research and practice are described, and strategies to further develop the SPCS are discussed...
- Tobacco outlet density and demographics at the tract level of analysis in Iowa: implications for environmentally based prevention initiativesJohn E Schneider
Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Iowa College of Public Health, 200 Hawkins Drive, E204 GH, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Prev Sci 6:319-25. 2005..Findings also suggest the need for structural or environmental interventions, i.e., tobacco outlet zoning laws, to mitigate the health consequences associated with tobacco use in certain populations and geographic regions...
- Clinical practice guidelines and organizational adaptation: a framework for analyzing economic effectsJohn E Schneider
University of Iowa and Iowa City VA Center for Research in the Implementation of Innovative Strategies in Practice, 52242, USA
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 22:58-66. 2006..The overall objective of this article was to review the theoretical and conceptual dimensions of how the implementation of clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) is likely to affect treatment costs...
- Predicting tobacco sales in community pharmacies using population demographics and pharmacy typeLisa M Hickey
College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242 1112, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 46:385-90. 2006..To determine whether the population demographics of the location of pharmacies were associated with tobacco sales in pharmacies, when controlling for pharmacy type...
- The relationship between active living and health-related quality of life: income as a moderatorJana J Peterson
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, 1215 Westlawn, Iowa City, 52242, USA
Health Educ Res 21:146-56. 2006..Findings highlight the need for increased and specifically targeted promotion of active living interventions...
- Healthy eating and exercise: strategies for weight management in the rural midwestFaryle Nothwehr
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Health Educ Behav 32:253-63. 2005..The results suggest considerable interest in weight management among rural adults and provide a starting point for planning future weight management interventions in this and similar populations...
- Generalizing the alcohol outlet-assaultive violence link: evidence from a U.S. midwestern cityRobert J Reid
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901 1167, USA
Subst Use Misuse 38:1971-82. 2003..Alcohol-outlet density contributed significantly to the explained variance of the regression model and was associated with higher rates of assaultive violence in this midwestern city...
- Paths to leisure physical activity among adults with intellectual disabilities: self-efficacy and social supportJana J Peterson
Oregon Health and Science University, Child Development and Rehabilitation Center, 3181 Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Am J Health Promot 23:35-42. 2008..This study tested a path model that included perceptions of social support and self-efficacy for leisure physical activity and leisure physical activity participation among adults with intellectual disabilities...
- The effect of physician and health plan market concentration on prices in commercial health insurance marketsJohn E Schneider
Health Economics Consulting Group, LLC, 167 Mills Street, Morristown, NJ 07960, USA
Int J Health Care Finance Econ 8:13-26. 2008..05), whereas HP concentration does not appear to be significantly associated with higher outpatient commercial payer prices...