Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Unusual presentation of multiple fibroadenomas in bilateral breasts and axillary accessory breastRong Rong Zhang
Department of Pathology, No 2 People s Hospital, Wuxi, Jiangsu Province, China
Breast Cancer (Auckl) 6:95-9. 2012..To our knowledge, this is the first case with such a large number of bilateral multiple breast fibroadenomas in a young female reported in the literature...
- Potential prognostic tumor biomarkers in triple-negative breast carcinomaYan Peng
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9073, USA
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 44:666-72. 2012..Anti-EGFR and anti-AR targeted therapies may provide potential treatment options for TN carcinomas, especially those tumors not responding to chemotherapy...
- Cutaneous colocalized invasive poorly differentiated carcinoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma of the head and neck region: a case report and review of the literatureYan Peng
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9073, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:606-10. 2009
- Impact of reflex HPV testing on interpretation and management of ThinPrep Pap testsYan Peng
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachussets, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 34:585-8. 2006..Furthermore, HPV testing did not seem to have influenced the subsequent management of women with ASC diagnosis...
- A meta-analysis of comparing fine-needle aspiration and frozen section for evaluating thyroid nodulesYan Peng
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9073, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 36:916-20. 2008..The third group of publications that did not separate/specify follicular lesions from non-follicular lesions was non-contributory...
- Influence of surgical technique on mastectomy and reexcision rates in breast-conserving therapy for cancerAlison Unzeitig
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9155, USA
Int J Surg Oncol 2012:725121. 2012..009). Multivariate analysis revealed CSM, % DCIS, tumor size, and race to influence reexcisions. Conclusions. CSM is a technique that reduces reexcisions and mastectomy rates...
- Volume of excision and cosmesis with routine cavity shave margins techniqueJulie Mook
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 19:886-91. 2012..This study evaluates the volume of tissue removed in a group that underwent CSM versus one that underwent standard partial mastectomy (SPM) and explores cosmetic outcomes...
- Hormone receptor status rather than HER2 status is significantly associated with increased Ki-67 and p53 expression in triple-negative breast carcinomas, and high expression of Ki-67 but not p53 is significantly associated with axillary nodal metastasis iJeong S Han
Dept of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 9073, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 135:230-7. 2011..Furthermore, a high expression level of Ki-67 but not p53 is more likely to be associated with axillary nodal metastasis in these cases...
- Decreased androgen receptor expression is associated with distant metastases in patients with androgen receptor-expressing triple-negative breast carcinomaLisa M Sutton
Department of Pathology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9073, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 138:511-6. 2012..These findings suggest that decreased intratumoral AR expression may be predictive of distant metastatic disease and AR expression levels may have potential prognostic value in AR-expressing TN tumors...
- Modulatory effect of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on biomarkers expression; assessment by digital image analysis and relationship to residual cancer burden in patients with invasive breast cancerAmber Cockburn
Department of Pathology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 77843, USA
Hum Pathol 45:249-58. 2014..We have demonstrated for the first time the relationship between RCB, tumor biomarkers expression, and clinical outcome. ..
- A Comparative Analysis of Biomarker Expression and Molecular Subtypes of Pure Ductal Carcinoma In Situ and Invasive Breast Carcinoma by Image Analysis: Relationship of the Subtypes with Histologic Grade, Ki67, p53 Overexpression, and DNA PloidyVenetia R Sarode
Departments of Pathology and Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9073, USA
Int J Breast Cancer 2011:217060. 2011..Molecular subtypes of IBCA are distinct from those of pDCIS. Invasion is characterized by change in phenotype in some tumors...
- Bootcamp during neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: a randomized pilot trialRoshni Rao
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9155
Breast Cancer (Auckl) 6:39-46. 2012..This randomized, prospective pilot trial evaluates the feasibility of supervised exercise during NC for breast cancer...
- Significantly increased PELP1 protein expression in primary and metastatic triple-negative breast carcinoma: comparison with GATA3 expression and PELP1's potential role in triple-negative breast carcinomaDaniel N Dang
Department of Pathology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9073
Hum Pathol 46:1829-35. 2015..The diffuse and strong nuclear immunoreactivity of PELP1 in most cases suggests that PELP1 may be a molecular target for the treatment of TNBC. We hope that this study will provide insights into the role of PELP1 in TNBC. ..
- RNA-binding protein LIN28 is a sensitive marker of ovarian primitive germ cell tumoursDebin Xue
Department of Pathology, The Affiliated Hospital of Putian University, Putian, Fujian, China
Histopathology 59:452-9. 2011..LIN28 is an RNA-binding protein that has been detected in testicular germ cell tumours (GCTs), but its status in ovarian GCTs is unknown. The aim was to determine the immunohistochemical profile of LIN28 in ovarian GCTs...
- Cutaneous and mammary apocrine carcinomas have different immunoprofilesAdriano Piris
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114 Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114
Hum Pathol 45:320-6. 2014..A panel of adipophilin, ER, PR, HER2, cytokeratin 5/6, and mammaglobin may be helpful in distinguishing cutaneous apocrine carcinoma from mammary apocrine carcinoma. ..
- Impact of routine cavity shave margins on breast cancer re-excision ratesAnne Kobbermann
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:1349-55. 2011..We hypothesized that routine excision of additional cavity shave margins (CSM) at time of initial partial mastectomy reduces the need for additional surgery...
- Quantification of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 immunohistochemistry using the Ventana Image Analysis System: correlation with gene amplification by fluorescence in situ hybridization: the importance of instrument validation for achieving high Jake Dennis
Department of Pathology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Am J Surg Pathol 39:624-31. 2015..This study highlights the importance of instrument validation/calibration to reduce false-positive results. ..
- Ki-67 expression is increased in p16-expressing triple-negative breast carcinoma and correlates with p16 only in p53-negative tumorsJessica Sugianto
Department of Pathology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 75390, USA
Hum Pathol 45:802-9. 2014....
- KIF14 promotes AKT phosphorylation and contributes to chemoresistance in triple-negative breast cancerStina M Singel
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA Department of Cell Biology University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Neoplasia 16:247-56, 256.e2. 2014..Together, these findings show an early and critical role for KIF14 in the tumorigenic potential of TNBC, and therapeutic targeting of KIF14 is feasible and effective for TNBC. ..
- Expression of UTF1 in primary and metastatic testicular germ cell tumorsPeng Wang
Department of Pathology, Beijing Ditan Hospital, Beijing, China
Am J Clin Pathol 134:604-12. 2010..Strong UTF1 staining can be used for diagnosing embryonal carcinoma and seminoma. UTF1 expression in spermatogonia suggests its possible role in spermatogenesis and renewal of spermatogonia...
- Intratumoral expression level of epidermal growth factor receptor and cytokeratin 5/6 is significantly associated with nodal and distant metastases in patients with basal-like triple-negative breast carcinomaLisa M Sutton
Dept of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9073, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 134:782-7. 2010..Furthermore, EGFR targeted therapy may be potentially useful in the treatment of basal-like TN breast cancer...