Jan Evans Patterson
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamasesJan E Patterson
Department of Medicine Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 24:79-88. 2003....
- A hospital-site controlled intervention using audit and feedback to implement guidelines concerning inappropriate treatment of catheter-associated asymptomatic bacteriuriaBarbara W Trautner
Houston Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX, USA
Implement Sci 6:41. 2011....
- Infection control in the intensive care unit: progress and challenges in systems and accountabilityJan E Patterson
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, TX, USA
Crit Care Med 38:S265-8. 2010....
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamases. An overviewJ E Patterson
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Postgrad Med 109:32-8. 2001..These should include not only traditional infection control measures such as contact precautions, but also antibiotic utilization measures, such as widespread empiric use of ceftazidime...
- Clinic shiftJan Evans Patterson
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:484-6. 2006
- Investigation and control of aspergillosis and other filamentous fungal infections in solid organ transplant recipientsJ E Patterson
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78284 7881, USA
Transpl Infect Dis 2:22-8. 2000..Ongoing surveillance and continuing intervention is needed for prevention of infection in high-risk solid organ transplant patients...
- Epidemiology of fungal infections in solid organ transplant patientsJ E Patterson
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78229 7881, USA
Transpl Infect Dis 1:229-36. 1999..Characteristic risk factors in high-risk types of solid organ transplant recipients should be recognized for early diagnosis and treatment of these infections associated with high morbidity and mortality...
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamasesJ E Patterson
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78229 3900, USA
Semin Respir Infect 15:299-307. 2000..In addition, because this type of antimicrobial resistance appears to be particularly influenced by antibiotic use, antibiotic control measures may also be a very important intervention in controlling the spread of ESBLs...
- Antibiotic utilization: is there an effect on antimicrobial resistance?J E Patterson
University of Texas Health Science Center, Department of Medicine, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, Mail Code 7881, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Chest 119:426S-30S. 2001..Thus, antibiotic utilization measures appear to contribute to the control of the emergence of multidrug-resistant pathogens such as ESBL-KP and VRE...
- Antibiotic cycling to decrease bacterial antibiotic resistance: a 5-year experience on a bone marrow transplant unitJ Cadena
Department of Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:151-5. 2007..30-0.63 and OR: 0.38, 95% CI: 0.26-0.56). Cycling was associated with preserved antibiotic susceptibility among Gram-negatives, but with an increase in Enterococcus spp. and vancomycin and ampicillin resistance among enterococci...
- False-positive Gen-Probe direct Mycobacterium tuberculosis amplification test results for patients with pulmonary M. kansasii and M. avium infectionsJ H Jorgensen
Departments of Pathology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78284, USA
J Clin Microbiol 37:175-8. 1999..It remains to be determined if the enhanced MTD test (MTD 2) recently released by Gen-Probe will provide greater specificity than that observed in this report with its first-generation test...
- Bacterial urinary tract infections in diabetesJ E Patterson
Department of Medicine Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 11:735-50. 1997..Ultrasonography or further radiographic studies such as CT scanning may also be warranted, depending on the clinical picture, to identify upper urinary tract complications early for appropriate intervention...
- Risk factors for candidal bloodstream infections in surgical intensive care unit patients: the NEMIS prospective multicenter study. The National Epidemiology of Mycosis SurveyH M Blumberg
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicinel, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Clin Infect Dis 33:177-86. 2001..3). Prospective clinical studies are needed to identify which antifungal agents are most protective and which high-risk patients will benefit from antifungal prophylaxis...