Uptal D Patel
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Clinical problem-solving. Index of suspicionUptal D Patel
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0604, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1990-5. 2004
- CKD progression and mortality among older patients with diabetesUptal D Patel
Veterans Affairs Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:406-14. 2005..In addition, little is known about patterns of nephrology care in patients with CKD...
- Physicians' attitudes and practices regarding adherence to medical regimens by patients with chronic illnessUptal D Patel
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan Health System, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 45:439-45. 2006..Formal educational interventions may improve adherence-related knowledge and skills...
- Mortality, kidney disease and cardiac procedures following acute coronary syndromeJula K Inrig
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:934-40. 2008..Cardiac interventions are underutilized in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) following acute coronary syndrome (ACS) partly due to nephrotoxicity concerns...
- Risk for cardiovascular outcomes among subjects with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and greater-than-normal estimated glomerular filtration rateJula K Inrig
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3646, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2:1215-22. 2007..This study sought to define the association of an elevated eGFR on the risk for death and cardiovascular outcomes among subjects with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease...
- Pediatric chronic kidney disease in North CarolinaMaria Ferris
University of North Carolina Kidney Center, USA
N C Med J 69:208-14. 2008
- Relationship between interdialytic weight gain and blood pressure among prevalent hemodialysis patientsJula K Inrig
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 50:108-18, 118.e1-4. 2007..This study seeks to define the relationship between IDWG and BP in prevalent hemodialysis subjects...
- Hematopoietic stem-cell transplantationMatthew J Ellis
N Engl J Med 355:1070; author reply 1070-1. 2006
- Falling into the doughnut hole: drug spending among beneficiaries with end-stage renal disease under Medicare Part D plansUptal D Patel
Duke University Medical Center, Box 3646, Division of Nephrology, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2546-53. 2006....
- Quality of care and outcomes among patients with heart failure and chronic kidney disease: A Get With the Guidelines -- Heart Failure Program studyUptal D Patel
Division of Nephrology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Am Heart J 156:674-81. 2008..Both heart failure (HF) and chronic kidney disease (CKD) are highly prevalent conditions that often coexist; however, the quality of care received by hospitalized patients with both is not known...