Richard B Parad
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Sweat testing infants detected by cystic fibrosis newborn screeningRichard B Parad
New England Newborn Screening Program of University of Massachusetts Medical School, MA 02130, USA
J Pediatr 147:S69-72. 2005..Describe and define limitations of early pilocarpine iontophoresis (sweat testing) for cystic fibrosis (CF) newborn screening (NBS)...
- Diagnostic dilemmas resulting from the immunoreactive trypsinogen/DNA cystic fibrosis newborn screening algorithmRichard B Parad
New England Newborn Screening Program, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Pediatr 147:S78-82. 2005....
- Cystic fibrosis newborn screening: using experience to optimize the screening algorithmJaime E Hale
New England Newborn Screening Program, UMass Medical School, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130, USA
J Inherit Metab Dis 33:S255-61. 2010....
- Population-based newborn screening for genetic disorders when multiple mutation DNA testing is incorporated: a cystic fibrosis newborn screening model demonstrating increased sensitivity but more carrier detectionsAnne Marie Comeau
New England Newborn Screening Program of University of Massachusetts Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
Pediatrics 113:1573-81. 2004..The objective of this study was to evaluate technical feasibility and practical implications of 2-tiered CF newborn screening that uses testing for multiple mutations (multiple-CFTR-mutation testing)...
- Prospective evaluation of a prenatal sonographic clubfoot classification systemMichael P Glotzbecker
Department of Orthopedics, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Mass, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 34:236-40. 2013..The purpose of this study was to prospectively evaluate our recently described fetal sonographic classification system for prenatal diagnosis of clubfoot...
- Guidelines for implementation of cystic fibrosis newborn screening programs: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation workshop reportAnne Marie Comeau
New England Newborn Screening Program and Department of Pediatrics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 119:e495-518. 2007....
- Low urine vascular endothelial growth factor levels are associated with mechanical ventilation, bronchopulmonary dysplasia and retinopathy of prematurityBernadette M Levesque
Division of Newborn Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Mass, USA
Neonatology 104:56-64. 2013..Urine VEGF is easily measured and useful in early diagnosis of several diseases...
- Newborn screening for cystic fibrosisRichard B Parad
Massachusetts Cystic Fibrosis Newborn Screening Program, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Children s Hospital, Boston, USA
Pediatr Ann 32:528-35. 2003..For developing therapies, Massachusetts will have identified its CF patients before they have sustained significant malnutrition and lung injury, and it may be these patients who will benefit most from therapies still on the horizon...
- Fetal lung apparent diffusion coefficient measurement using diffusion-weighted MRI at 3 Tesla: Correlation with gestational ageOnur Afacan
Department of Radiology, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 44:1650-1655. 2016..To evaluate the feasibility of using diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (DW-MRI) to assess the fetal lung apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) at 3 Tesla (T)...
- Prediction of respiratory outcome in extremely low gestational age infantsRichard B Parad
Department of Pediatric Newborn Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Mass, USA
Neonatology 107:241-8. 2015..Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) is a commonly used outcome for randomized neonatal trials...
- Reduction of retinopathy of prematurity in extremely low gestational age newborns treated with recombinant human Cu/Zn superoxide dismutaseRichard B Parad
Department of Newborn Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neonatology 102:139-44. 2012..Reactive oxygen species have been implicated in the pathogenesis of retinopathy of prematurity (ROP). Extremely low gestational age (GA) newborns (ELGANs) have the highest risk of ROP and might benefit most from treatment with antioxidants...
- Prenatally diagnosed clubfeet: comparing ultrasonographic severity with objective clinical outcomesMichael P Glotzbecker
Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 30:606-11. 2010..The purpose of this study was to decrease the false positive (FP) rate for prenatally identified clubfeet, and to predict clinical severity using a new prenatal sonographic classification system...
- Guidelines for diagnosis of cystic fibrosis in newborns through older adults: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation consensus reportPhilip M Farrell
Department of Pediatrics and Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
J Pediatr 153:S4-S14. 2008..Their recommendations, presented herein, involve a combination of clinical presentation, laboratory testing, and genetics to confirm a diagnosis of CF...
- Newborn screening showing decreasing incidence of cystic fibrosisJaime E Hale
N Engl J Med 358:973-4. 2008
- Balancing benefits and risks for cystic fibrosis newborn screening: implications for policy decisionsBenjamin S Wilfond
Social and Behavioral Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Pediatr 147:S109-13. 2005....
- Pulmonary outcome at 1 year corrected age in premature infants treated at birth with recombinant human CuZn superoxide dismutaseJonathan M Davis
Department of Pediatrics Neonatology, CardioPulmonary Research Institute, Winthrop University Hospital, SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine, Mineola, New York 11501, USA
Pediatrics 111:469-76. 2003..To examine whether treatment of premature infants with intratracheal recombinant human CuZn superoxide dismutase (r-h CuZnSOD) reduces bronchopulmonary dysplasia and improves pulmonary outcome at 1 year corrected age...