Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Complex obsessive compulsive and impulsive symptoms in Tourette's syndromeDonna Palumbo
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY, USA
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 3:687-93. 2007..This paper will review complex obsessive compulsive and impulsive behaviors that may occur in patients with TS and discuss implications for diagnosis and treatment...
- Emergence of tics in children with ADHD: impact of once-daily OROS methylphenidate therapyDonna Palumbo
Strong Neurology ADHD Medical Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642 8673, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 14:185-94. 2004....
- Psychological testing in adolescent medicineDonna Palumbo
School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester Medical Center, and Strong Neurology ADHD Program, Monroe Community Hospital, 919 Westfall Road, Bldg C Suite 220, Rochester, NY 14618, USA
Adolesc Med Clin 17:147-64. 2006..Psychological assessment can be invaluable in the early identification and intervention of learning, behavioral, and psychiatric difficulties in adolescents...
- Parental assessment of executive function and internalizing and externalizing behavior in primary hypertension after anti-hypertensive therapyMarc B Lande
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Pediatr 157:114-9. 2010..To determine the change in parental ratings of executive function and behavior in children with primary hypertension after anti-hypertensive therapy...
- Prenatal methylmercury exposure from ocean fish consumption in the Seychelles child development studyGary J Myers
Department of Neurology, National Institute for Child Health and Development, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, USA
Lancet 361:1686-92. 2003..The most common form of prenatal exposure is maternal fish consumption, but whether such exposure harms the fetus is unknown. We aimed to identify adverse neurodevelopmental effects in a fish-consuming population...
- Efficacy and tolerability of low-dose donepezil in schizophreniaSteven K Erickson
University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, New York 14642, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 28:179-84. 2005..These results suggest that donepezil may be helpful as adjunctive therapy for the treatment of psychiatric symptoms and cognitive impairment in a subgroup of schizophrenic patients...
- Parental assessments of internalizing and externalizing behavior and executive function in children with primary hypertensionMarc B Lande
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
J Pediatr 154:207-12. 2009..To determine the relations between hypertension and parental ratings of behavior and executive functions in children with primary hypertension and to examine the potential moderating influence of obesity...
- Methylmercury and neurodevelopment: longitudinal analysis of the Seychelles child development cohortPhilip W Davidson
The Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, 14642, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 28:529-35. 2006..These findings suggest that the associations observed between MeHg and developmental outcomes may vary with developmental stage...
- Clonidine for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: II. ECG changes and adverse events analysisW Burleson Daviss
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:189-98. 2008..To examine the safety and tolerability of clonidine used alone or with methylphenidate in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- ADHD treatment with once-daily OROS methylphenidate: interim 12-month results from a long-term open-label studyTimothy Wilens
Clinical Research Program in Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 15 Parkman Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:424-33. 2003..This article reports an interim analysis of a 24-month study evaluating the 12-month tolerability and effectiveness of a once-daily OROS formulation of methylphenidate (OROS MPH) in children with ADHD...
- HIV-associated cognitive impairment before and after the advent of combination therapyNed Sacktor
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Neurovirol 8:136-42. 2002..Even though HAART has reduced the incidence of HIV dementia, HIV-associated cognitive impairment continues to be a major clinical problem among individuals with advanced infection...
- An evaluation of neurocognitive status and markers of immune activation as predictors of time to death in advanced HIV infectionJeffrey J Sevigny
Department of Neurology and Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Arch Neurol 64:97-102. 2007..Several markers of immune activation have been identified as potential prognostic markers for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-associated morbidity and mortality, but the results from studies are conflicting...