Affiliation: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Proximal hypospadias repair outcomes in patients with a specific disorder of sexual development diagnosisBlake W Palmer
Division of Pediatric Urology, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 920 S L Young Boulevard, W P 3150, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Adv Urol 2012:708301. 2012..The risk of complications is consistent with reports in the literature, and the mean number of procedures in this contemporary study is fewer than in historic reports...
- Update on tissue engineering in pediatric urologyBlake W Palmer
Department of Urology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 920 Stanton L Young Blvd, W P 3150, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Curr Urol Rep 14:327-32. 2013..This review highlights the status of these studies in pediatric urology for the use of tissue engineering and reconstruction of the corporal bodies, urethra, and bladder. ..
- Wilms' tumor metastatic to bilateral testes at presentation: case and review of the literatureBlake W Palmer
University of Oklahoma, Department of Pediatric Urology, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Urology 79:899-901. 2012..A review of the literature of all previous reported cases of metachronous or related testicular metastatic Wilms' tumors is reported...
- Total and partial urogenital mobilization: focus on urinary continenceBlake W Palmer
Department of Pediatric Urology, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Urol 187:1422-6. 2012..We reviewed the urinary continence outcomes of children who underwent total or partial urogenital mobilization at our institution and reviewed the literature to determine the continence rates of these procedures...
- A model of delivering multi-disciplinary care to people with 46 XY DSDBlake W Palmer
Pediatric Urology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Pediatr Urol 8:7-16. 2012..Finally, we provide preliminary data to support the application of our model for delivering multi-disciplinary care and support to patients and their families...
- Successful treatment of idiopathic priapism in a 13-year-old boyBlake Palmer
University of Oklahoma, Department of Urology, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Pediatr Urol 5:145-6. 2009..This case highlights the successful use of penile irrigation and injection of phenylephrine in a 13-year-old boy with idiopathic ischemic priapism 12 h after sexual intercourse...
- Comparison of endoscopic ureterocele decompression techniques. Preliminary experience--is the watering can puncture superior?Blake W Palmer
Department of Pediatric Urology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Urol 186:1700-3. 2011..The classic incision achieves decompression but invariably creates new vesicoureteral reflux. We compared a new endoscopic puncture technique to assess its superiority to endoscopic incision...
- Voiding cystourethrogram--are our protocols the same?Blake W Palmer
Department of Urology and Radiological Sciences, College of Medicine, FGR, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Urol 186:1668-71. 2011..Voiding cystourethrogram is the gold standard for evaluating and diagnosing vesicoureteral reflux. Reflux detection can potentially be affected by many parameters during voiding cystourethrogram...
- Kissing nevus discovered at circumcision consultBlake Palmer
University of Oklahoma, Department of Urology, 920 Stanton L Young Boulevard, WP 3150, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Pediatr Urol 6:318-9. 2010..The appearance of a congenital melanocytic nevus can be difficult to distinguish from penile melanosis. This article presents the successful excision and histopathologic evaluation of one such nevus...
- Biomatrices for bladder reconstructionHsueh Kung Lin
Department of Urology, The Children s Hospital of Oklahoma, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 82:47-63. 2015..Advanced molecular and medical technologies such as next generation sequencing and magnetic resonance imaging can be introduced for mechanistic understanding and non-invasive monitoring of regeneration processes, respectively. ..
- Multi-institutional Study Comparing the Height of Contrast During Performance of Voiding Cystourethrogram in ChildrenDominic Frimberger
Pediatric Urology, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, OK Electronic address
Urology 93:180-4. 2016..To assess the effect of contrast height during the voiding cystourethrogram (VCUG). The VCUG is the gold standard diagnostic test for vesicoureteral reflux (VUR). Variation in parameters may affect detection and grade of reflux...
- Changes in levels of parental distress after their child with atypical genitalia undergoes genitoplastyCortney Wolfe-Christensen
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA Children s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI, USA Electronic address
J Pediatr Urol . 2016....
- Understanding roles of porcine small intestinal submucosa in urinary bladder regeneration: identification of variable regenerative characteristics of small intestinal submucosaHsueh Kung Lin
1 Department of Urology, The Children s Hospital of Oklahoma, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Tissue Eng Part B Rev 20:73-83. 2014....