Prasad R Padala
Affiliation: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Modafinil therapy for apathy in an elderly patientPrasad R Padala
Omaha Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:346-9. 2007..To present a case of successful treatment of apathy syndrome with modafinil...
- Methylphenidate may treat apathy independent of depressionPrasad R Padala
Omaha Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68105 1873, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:1947-9. 2005..To report a case of apathy treated with methylphenidate in which improvement in apathy was independent of improvement of depression...
- Treatment of apathy with methylphenidatePrasad R Padala
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4101 Woolworth Avenue, Omaha, NE 68105, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 19:81-3. 2007..Its treatment is not well studied. The authors present four cases of apathy treated with a regimen of methylphenidate. Significant improvement in apathy and its sub-domains (motivation, novelty, and persistence) were noted...
- Aripiprazole for the treatment of Tourette's disorderPrasad R Padala
Omaha Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Nebraska, USA
Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry 7:296-9. 2005..This article presents a report of successful treatment of these tics with aripiprazole in 2 consecutive patients with Tourette's disorder...
- Risperidone monotherapy for post-traumatic stress disorder related to sexual assault and domestic abuse in womenPrasad R Padala
Omaha Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 21:275-80. 2006..In this small pilot study, risperidone monotherapy was more effective than placebo in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder...
- Methylphenidate for apathy and functional status in dementia of the Alzheimer typePrasad R Padala
Department of Psychiatry, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:371-4. 2010..Treatment of apathy in DAT is not systematically studied. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the response of apathy to methylphenidate treatment and to examine whether functional status improved...
- Use of alcoholic beverages in VA medical centersS Pirzada Sattar
Substance Use Disorders Program, Omaha VA Medical Center, 4101 Woolworth Ave, 116A, Omaha, Nebraska 68105, USA
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 1:30. 2006..While there are data on the prevalence of this practice in academic medical centers, there are no data on the availability of alcoholic beverages at the formularies of the hospitals operated by the department of Veteran's Affairs...
- Impact of problem alcohol use on patient behavior and caregiver burden in a geriatric assessment clinicS Pirzada Sattar
Substance Abuse Treatment Program, Omaha VA Medical Center, Nebraska, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 20:120-7. 2007..A history of problem drinking appears to be a significant marker for behavioral disturbances in late life and merits further study...
- Are medical students assigning proper global assessment of functioning scores?Mustafa K Warsi
Omaha VA Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:51-6. 2007..The authors hypothesized that medical students' estimations of GAF scores for patients in clinical vignettes would differ from those assessed by the psychiatry residents and staff psychiatrists...
- Simvastatin-induced decline in cognitionKalpana P Padala
Geriatrics Section, Department of Internal Medicine, 981320 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 1320, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1880-3. 2006..To describe a case of new-onset cognitive difficulties in an older patient after initiation of simvastatin therapy...
- A primary care perspective of posttraumatic stress disorder for the Department of Veterans AffairsSriram Ramaswamy
Department of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences, Omaha Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68105, USA
Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry 7:180-7; quiz 188-9. 2005..In addition to discussing the epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment options for PTSD, we also suggest screening questions for both combat-related and military sexual trauma-related PTSD...
- The impact of apathy on glycemic control in diabetes: a cross-sectional studyPrasad R Padala
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68105, USA
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 79:37-41. 2008..The secondary objective was to determine if there was an association between clinically significant apathy and factors that affect glycemic control...
- New onset multimodal hallucinations associated with mirtazapine: a case reportKalpana P Padala
Department of Family Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3075, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 22:837-9. 2010..We report three cases of auditory, musical and visual hallucinations associated with the use of mirtazapine...
- Adjunctive aripiprazole in combat-related posttraumatic stress disorderPrasad R Padala
Ann Pharmacother 41:1744. 2007
- Urinary obstruction with citalopram and aripiprazole combination in an elderly patientPrasad R Padala
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:667-8. 2006