Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Teaching internal medicine residents quality improvement techniques using the ABIM's practice improvement modulesJulie Oyler
Department of General Internal Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:927-30. 2008....
- Teaching internal medicine residents to sustain their improvement through the quality assessment and improvement curriculumJulie Oyler
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 3051, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:221-5. 2011..AIM/SETTING: To assess the sustainability of resident CQI projects in an ambulatory university-based clinic...
- Effect of a quality improvement curriculum on resident knowledge and skills in improvementLisa M Vinci
University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, MC3051, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 19:351-4. 2010..While many residency programmes have implemented quality improvement (QI) training programmes, few have been rigorously evaluated...
- Results of an enhanced clinic handoff and resident education on resident patient ownership and patient safetyAmber T Pincavage
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Acad Med 88:795-801. 2013..Although internal medicine resident clinic handoffs present risks for patients, few interventions exist. The authors evaluated an enhanced handoff...
- "Ms. B changes doctors": using a comic and patient transition packet to engineer patient-oriented clinic handoffs (EPOCH)Amber T Pincavage
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue MC 3051, L326, Chicago, IL, 60637, USA
J Gen Intern Med 30:257-60. 2015..Few patient-centered interventions exist to improve year-end residency clinic handoffs...
- Outcomes for resident-identified high-risk patients and resident perspectives of year-end continuity clinic handoffsAmber T Pincavage
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:1438-44. 2012..Many patients nationwide change their primary care physician (PCP) when internal medicine (IM) residents graduate. Few studies have examined this handoff...
- Musculoskeletal exam and joint injection training for internal medicine residentsTracie Wilcox
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:521-3. 2006..This single-institution pilot study demonstrates that a simple educational program results in improved knee and shoulder examination skills and confidence in performing knee injections...