Patricia S O'Sullivan
Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Portfolios: possibilities for addressing emergency medicine resident competenciesPatricia O'Sullivan
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205 7199, USA
Acad Emerg Med 9:1305-9. 2002..The authors believe that portfolios provide an approach to evaluation commensurate with the self-evaluation skills they would like to develop in their residents...
- Demonstration of portfolios to assess competency of residentsPatricia S O'Sullivan
Office of Educational Development, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 W Markham, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 9:309-23. 2004..Residents and faculty identified benefits to assembling a portfolio. Portfolios incorporate tasks embedded in the residency to provide evidence of resident competency. The results support that the score is reliable and valid...
- Developing an educator network: the effect of a teaching scholars program in the health professions on networking and productivityAnna S Moses
Office of Educational Development, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
Teach Learn Med 21:175-9. 2009..Teaching Scholars Programs are designed to enhance productivity and faculty retention. The formation of an increased network may be a facilitative mechanism...
- Biopsychosocial formulation: recognizing educational shortcomingsTina McClain
Central Arkansas Veteran s Healthcare System, Little Rock, AR, USA
Acad Psychiatry 28:88-94. 2004..The authors expect psychiatrists to formulate cases using the biopsychosocial model. However, resident psychiatrists' ability to generate formulations using this model has received little attention...
- Can one portfolio measure the six ACGME general competencies?Robert M Jarvis
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Psychiatry, 4301 West Markham, Slot 589, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Acad Psychiatry 28:190-6. 2004..To determine that portfolios, useable by any program, can provide needed evidence of resident performance within the ACGME general competencies...
- Predictors of patient education by bone densitometry technologistsRebecca L Ludwig
Department of Imaging and Radiation Sciences, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA
Radiol Technol 76:354-64. 2005..This study investigated which factors predict the likelihood of densitometry technologists counseling their patients about osteoporosis prevention...
- Residents' perception of effectiveness of twelve evaluation methods for measuring competencyKay K Cogbill
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 71923, USA
Acad Psychiatry 29:76-81. 2005..The authors assessed residents' perceptions of techniques used to evaluate competency...
- Educational development program for residency program directors and coordinatorsPatricia S O'Sullivan
Office of Educational Development, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA
Teach Learn Med 18:142-9. 2006..Residency program directors and program coordinators have increasing demands placed on them by accrediting agencies and require educational development specifically tailored to their needs...