Lisa A Orloff
Affiliation: University of California
- Laser-assisted voice adjustment (LAVA) in transsexualsLisa A Orloff
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Laryngoscope 116:655-60. 2006..The objective of this study was to evaluate results of laser-assisted voice adjustment (LAVA) surgery in male-to-female (MTF) transsexual patients with androphonia...
- The impact of long-term botulinum toxin injections on symptom severity in patients with spasmodic dysphoniaJohn F Damrose
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92103 8895, USA
J Voice 18:415-22. 2004..These results provide support for the efficacy of serial BT injections for SD and suggest that successful treatment may depend, in part, on patients' early recognition of returning symptoms...
- Transoral robotic-assisted surgical excision of a retropharyngeal parathyroid adenoma: a case reportShethal Bearelly
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Head Neck 37:E150-2. 2015..Transoral robotic surgery has been used with increasing frequency for oropharyngeal malignancies. We present the first known case of a transoral robotic-assisted parathyroidectomy...
- Electrophysiologic facial nerve monitoring during parotidectomyDavid W Eisele
Division of Head and Neck and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Head Neck 32:399-405. 2010..A review and analysis of the relevant medical literature related to electrophysiologic facial nerve monitoring during parotid surgery are included...
- Vascular malformation masquerading as sialolithiasis and parotid obstruction: a case report and review of the literatureEli R Groppo
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Laryngoscope 120:S130. 2010..We present a case of intermittent unilateral facial swelling cause by a venous malformation involving the buccal space where the phleboliths were initially misdiagnosed as parotid sialolithiasis...
- Therapeutic sialendoscopy for the management of radioiodine sialadenitisBrandon L Prendes
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 94118, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 138:15-9. 2012..To describe our experience with therapeutic sialendoscopy for radioiodine (iodine 131 [(131)I]) sialadenitis...
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), extraesophageal reflux (EER) and recurrent chronic rhinosinusitisPeter Jecker
Department of Otolaryngology, Mainz Medical School, 55101, Mainz, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:664-7. 2006..Because GERD itself cannot be diagnosed by laryngoscopy, and because of the subjectivity of symptoms such as heartburn, the otolaryngologist should consider double-probe pH testing as the diagnostic procedure of choice...