Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Pulmonary problems and management concerns in youth sportsDavid M Orenstein
Antonio J and Janet Palumbo Cystic Fibrosis Center Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 49:709-21, v-vi. 2002..Pharmacologic management of respiratory problems and perceived problems can be difficult and is discussed with the particular disorder...
- Measuring ease of breathing in young patients with cystic fibrosisDavid M Orenstein
Antonio J and Janet Palumbo Cystic Fibrosis Center, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 34:473-7. 2002..These measures could be an important tool for clinical research and patient care...
- Update on the role of exercise in cystic fibrosisDavid M Orenstein
School of Medicine and bSchool of Nursing, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh and University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 2583, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 11:519-23. 2005..The role of exercise in patients with cystic fibrosis has been recognized for as long as cystic fibrosis has been identified as a clinical syndrome, as exercise intolerance has always been a hallmark of disease progression...
- Cystic fibrosis: a 2002 updateDavid M Orenstein
Department of Pediatrics, Antonio J and Janet Palumbo Cystic Fibrosis Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Pediatr 140:156-64. 2002
- Liver transplantation in children with cystic fibrosis: a long-term longitudinal review of a single center's experienceJonathan A Fridell
Department of Pediatric Transplantation, Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Pediatr Surg 38:1152-6. 2003..Of these, end-stage liver disease is a significant cause of morbidity and mortality with liver transplantation being the only effective therapy...
- Heads up! clear those airways!David M Orenstein
Pediatr Pulmonol 35:160-1. 2003
- Strength vs aerobic training in children with cystic fibrosis: a randomized controlled trialDavid M Orenstein
Center for Behavioral Epidemiology and Community Health, 9245 Sky Park Court, Suite 230, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Chest 126:1204-14. 2004..The purpose of this study was to compare the effects of a home-based, semi-supervised, upper-body strength-training regimen with a similarly structured aerobic training regimen...
- Self-Regulated Exercise in CF: A Randomized TrialDavid M Orenstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..This innovative self-regulated approach to exercise training may promote long-term maintenance of exercise, holding great promise for improving the quality and perhaps even length of CF patients'lives. ..