Eric M O'Neill
Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Parallel tagged amplicon sequencing reveals major lineages and phylogenetic structure in the North American tiger salamander (Ambystoma tigrinum) species complexEric M O'Neill
Department of Biology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
Mol Ecol 22:111-29. 2013..Overall, these results demonstrate the potential for amplicon-based PTS to rapidly generate large-scale data for population genetic and phylogenetic-based research...
- Cast adrift on an island: introduced populations experience an altered balance between selection and driftEric M O'Neill
Department of Biology, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322, USA
Biol Lett 8:890-3. 2012..These results suggest that the evolutionary dynamics of this previously adaptive trait have become dominated by random genetic drift following the range expansion...
- Strong founder effects and low genetic diversity in introduced populations of Coqui frogsMary M Peacock
Department of Biology, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Mol Ecol 18:3603-15. 2009..Coquis are successful invaders in Hawaii despite the loss of genetic variation. Future introductions may increase genetic variation and potentially its range...
- Genetic basis of a color pattern polymorphism in the Coqui Frog Eleutherodactylus coquiEric M O'Neill
Department of Biology, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 5305, USA
J Hered 101:703-9. 2010..The results of this experiment suggest the genetic basis of stripe patterns in this well-studied species and provide a model for studying the evolution and maintenance of this phenotypic polymorphism...
- A population genetic signature of human releases in an invasive ladybeetleYukie Kajita
Department of Entomology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546 0091, USA
Mol Ecol 21:5473-83. 2012..These results suggest that the current distribution of C. septempunctata in the introduced range is the result of a combination of human releases and short-range expansion from multiple established populations in the introduced range...
- A support vector machine based test for incongruence between sets of trees in tree spaceDavid C Haws
Department of Statistics, University of Kentucky, 725 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536 0082, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 13:210. 2012..Such unusual gene trees may have been influenced by other evolutionary processes such as selection, gene duplication, or horizontal gene transfer...
- Isolation of microsatellite loci from the coqui frog, Eleutherodactylus coquiMaureen B Peters
Savannah River Ecology Laboratory, University of Georgia, PO Drawer E, Aiken, SC 29802, USA, Department of Wildland Resources and the Ecology Center, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 5230, USA, Department of Biology, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 5305, USA, USDA APHIS WS National Wildlife Research Center, Hilo Field Station, HI 96721, USA
Mol Ecol Resour 8:139-41. 2008..Loci were variable with the number of alleles per locus ranging from three to 38. Polymorphic information content ranged from 0.453 to 0.963 and observed heterozygosity for each population ranged from 0.320 to 0.920...