R J O'Keefe
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Cytokine and matrix metalloproteinase expression in pigmented villonodular synovitis may mediate bone and cartilage destructionR J O'Keefe
Department of Pathology, University of Rochester, NY, USA
Iowa Orthop J 18:26-34. 1998..The role of cytokine secretion and regulation of MMP production in PVNS has not been investigated...
- Runx2-mediated activation of the Bax gene increases osteosarcoma cell sensitivity to apoptosisR A Eliseev
Department of Orthopaedics, Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Oncogene 27:3605-14. 2008..Our study provides the first evidence for Bax as a direct target of Runx2, suggesting that Runx2 may act as a proapoptotic factor in osteosarcoma cells...
- Notch signaling in postnatal joint chondrocytes, but not subchondral osteoblasts, is required for articular cartilage and joint maintenanceZ Liu
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, The Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA Department of Biology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 24:740-51. 2016..This study investigated the targeted cell population within the knee joint in which Notch signaling is required for normal cartilage and joint integrity...
- Light-activated gene transduction of recombinant adeno-associated virus in human mesenchymal stem cellsH Ito
The Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Gene Ther 11:34-41. 2004..These results demonstrate that LAGT combined with rAAV is a promising procedure to facilitate gene induction in HuMSCs for human gene therapy...
- Cloning of the chick BMP1/Tolloid cDNA and expression in skeletal tissuesS D Reynolds
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 665, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Gene 248:233-43. 2000..The Chordin gene is also expressed in chondrocytes and osteoblasts, suggesting that BMP1 and Tolloid influence BMP signaling as well as matrix maturation during skeletogenesis...