Affiliation: University of Utah
- Mitochondrial morphology and dynamics in yeast and multicellular eukaryotesKoji Okamoto
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 3201, USA
Annu Rev Genet 39:503-36. 2005..Here we review recent advances in the field of mitochondrial dynamics and highlight the importance of these pathways to human health...
- Tetratricopeptide repeat proteins Tom70 and Tom71 mediate yeast mitochondrial morphogenesisNoriko Kondo-Okamoto
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, 15 North Medical Drive East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5650, USA
EMBO Rep 9:63-9. 2008..Our data indicate an unexpected role for Tom70 in recruitment of soluble proteins to the mitochondrial surface, and indicate that Tom71 has a specialized role in Mfb1-mediated mitochondrial morphogenesis...
- The novel F-box protein Mfb1p regulates mitochondrial connectivity and exhibits asymmetric localization in yeastNoriko Kondo-Okamoto
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:3756-67. 2006..We propose that Mfb1p operates in a novel pathway regulating mitochondrial tubular connectivity...
- Multiple pathways influence mitochondrial inheritance in budding yeastRebecca L Frederick
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Genetics 178:825-37. 2008..This study demonstrates that multiple pathways influence mitochondrial inheritance in yeast and that Miro GTPases have conserved roles in mitochondrial distribution...
- Yeast Miro GTPase, Gem1p, regulates mitochondrial morphology via a novel pathwayRebecca L Frederick
Department of Biology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Cell Biol 167:87-98. 2004..2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:6495-6502), Gem1p is not required for pheromone-induced yeast cell death. Thus, Gem1p defines a novel mitochondrial morphology pathway which may integrate cell signaling events with mitochondrial dynamics...
- Mmm1p spans both the outer and inner mitochondrial membranes and contains distinct domains for targeting and foci formationNoriko Kondo-Okamoto
Department of Biology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Biol Chem 278:48997-9005. 2003..Our data suggest that the double membrane-spanning topology of Mmm1p at the membrane contact site is critical for formation of tubular mitochondria...
- Mitochondrial protein import: molecular basis of the ATP-dependent interaction of MtHsp70 with Tim44Fernando Moro
Institut für Physiologische Chemie der Universität München, Butenandtstrasse 5, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:6874-80. 2002....
- Levels of human Fis1 at the mitochondrial outer membrane regulate mitochondrial morphologyDiana Stojanovski
Department of Biochemistry, La Trobe University, 3086 Melbourne, Australia
J Cell Sci 117:1201-10. 2004..These results indicate that the levels of hFis1 at the mitochondrial surface influences mitochondrial fission events and hence overall mitochondrial morphology within the cell...
- The protein import motor of mitochondria: a targeted molecular ratchet driving unfolding and translocationKoji Okamoto
Institut für Physiologische Chemie der Universität München, Butenandtstrasse 5, D 81377 Munchen, Germany
EMBO J 21:3659-71. 2002..Our observations suggest that Hsp70 acts as an element of a Brownian ratchet, which mediates unfolding and translocation of preproteins across the mitochondrial membranes...