Stephen S O'Connor
Affiliation: University of Washington
- A cross-sectional investigation of the suicidal spectrum: typologies of suicidality based on ambivalence about living and dyingStephen S O'Connor
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center, University of Washington, Box 359960, Seattle, WA 91804, USA
Compr Psychiatry 53:461-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine the validity of assigning suicidal individuals into differing typologies of suicidality based on their reported wish to live and wish to die...
- Identifying outpatients with entrenched suicidal ideation following hospitalizationStephen S O'Connor
Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 42:173-84. 2012..Application of the suicidal ambivalence index may help administrators identify patients who require more intensive clinical services to resolve their suicidal ideation...
- Association between posttraumatic stress, depression, and functional impairments in adolescents 24 months after traumatic brain injuryStephen S O'Connor
Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Trauma Stress 25:264-71. 2012..07, p = .03; Model R(2) = .36) and physical (η(2) = .11, p = .01; Model R(2) = .23) functioning, whereas greater depressive symptoms were associated with poorer school (η(2) = .06, p = .05; Model R(2) = .39) functioning...
- The association between the Kessler 10 and suicidality: a cross-sectional analysisStephen S O'Connor
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Compr Psychiatry 53:48-53. 2012..The aims of this study were to test the psychometric properties of the Kessler 10 (K10) in a clinical setting and to investigate the utility of the K10 as a means for identifying suicidality...
- Persistence of disability 24 to 36 months after pediatric traumatic brain injury: a cohort studyFrederick P Rivara
The Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Neurotrauma 29:2499-504. 2012..Post-injury interventions that decrease the impact of these deficits on function and quality of life, as well as preventive interventions that reduce the likelihood of TBI, should be developed and tested...
- An investigation of emotional upset in suicide ideationStephen S O'Connor
The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC 20064, USA
Arch Suicide Res 14:35-43. 2010..Emotional upset is a heterogeneous construct in suicidal individuals, the properties of which may provide for a more thorough risk assessment...
- Technology-Enhanced Stepped Collaborative Care Targeting Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Comorbidity After Injury: A Randomized Controlled TrialDouglas Zatzick
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Trauma Stress 28:391-400. 2015..10, p = .044) time points. IT-enhanced collaborative care was associated with modest PTSD symptom reductions and reduced delivery times; the intervention model could potentially facilitate efficient PTSD treatment after injury. ..