Genomes and Genes
Kim M O'Connor
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Herpes zosterKim M O'Connor
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, WA, USA
Med Clin North Am 97:503-22, ix. 2013..Vaccination with the zoster vaccine is recommended for most people older than 60, and reduces the incidence of herpes zoster and the occurrence of post-herpetic neuralgia. ..
- An unusual case of knee pain: pseudogout and Abiotrophia defectiva infectionKim M O'Connor
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
South Med J 101:961-2. 2008..This report supports the routine culture of synovial fluid and is further evidence for the role of A. defectiva in septic arthritis...
- Management of melanocytic lesions in the primary care settingKim M O'Connor
University of Washington General Internal Medicine Clinic, Box 354760, 4245 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:208-13; quiz 213-4. 2008..Finally, it addresses the potential difficulties in interpreting pathology reports and reviews the implications of pathology results for patient counseling, education, and follow-up...
- CTLA-4 is a direct target of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and is expressed in human melanoma tumorsKavita V Shah
Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:2870-9. 2008....
- Why do so many clinicians believe that recurrent zoster is common?Andy J Chien
The University of Washington Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, Seattle, USA
Dermatol Online J 13:2. 2007
- Hereditary woolly hair and keratosis pilarisAndy J Chien
Division of Dermatology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:S35-9. 2006..Woolly hair elicits a broad differential diagnosis, including woolly hair nevus and several genodermatoses. Our report reviews the evaluation of woolly hair and discusses the conditions associated with this physical finding...
- A Wnt survival guide: from flies to human diseaseAndy J Chien
The University of Washington School of Medicine, Department of Medicine and the Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
J Invest Dermatol 129:1614-27. 2009..The aim of this review is to provide a context on the Wnt field that will facilitate the interpretation and study of Wnt signaling in the context of human disease...
- A re-evaluation of the "oncogenic" nature of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in melanoma and other cancersOlivia M Lucero
Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, The University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 12:314-8. 2010..Ultimately, a more refined understanding of the contextual regulation of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling will be essential for addressing if and how therapeutic targeting of this pathway could be leveraged for patient benefit...
- Chemical-genetic screen identifies riluzole as an enhancer of Wnt/β-catenin signaling in melanomaTravis L Biechele
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pharmacology, and Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Box 357370, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Chem Biol 17:1177-82. 2010..The unexpected regulation of β-catenin signaling by both riluzole and GRM1 has implications for the future uses of this drug...
- Activated Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in melanoma is associated with decreased proliferation in patient tumors and a murine melanoma modelAndy J Chien
Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1193-8. 2009..Our results may explain the observed loss of nuclear beta-catenin with melanoma progression in human tumors, which could reflect a dysregulation of cellular differentiation through a loss of homeostatic Wnt/beta-catenin signaling...
- Subungual Bowen disease in a patient with epidermodysplasia verruciformis presenting clinically as longitudinal melanonychiaGalina Y Stetsenko
Department of Pathology, Division of Dermatology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 6100, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 30:582-5. 2008..To the best of our knowledge, this is first report of a subungual presentation of this condition with associated melanonychia...
- Winnie the Pooh and psoriasis too: an isomorphic response of guttate psoriasis in a tattooKyle L Horner
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 24:E70-2. 2007..We report a strep-induced guttate psoriasis isomorphic response in a Winnie the Pooh tattoo in a 19-year-old...
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia presenting with urticarial plaques and hypereosinophilia in a childAndy J Chien
University of Washington Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 51:S151-5. 2004..Our discussion summarizes the clinical aspects of this disease and reviews the reported dermatological manifestations of ALL/Eo...
- Pigmented lesions of the iris: common in patients, uncommon in dermatology textbooksShannon Simon
Arch Dermatol 142:1243-4. 2006