Desmond J Oathes
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Worry facilitates corticospinal motor response to transcranial magnetic stimulationDesmond J Oathes
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:969-76. 2008..These findings suggest that the association between worry and motor preparation cannot be explained by high cognitive load and provide further support for theoretical accounts emphasizing the role of action preparation in anxiety...
- Worry, generalized anxiety disorder, and emotion: evidence from the EEG gamma bandDesmond J Oathes
Department of Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
Biol Psychol 79:165-70. 2008....
- State of the union between cognitive neuroscience and emotionDesmond J Oathes
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, Departments of Psychiatry and Psychology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Waisman Center, 1500 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 8:1025-7. 2008..Neurotherapeutics and individual differences in treatment responsivity may be on the horizon...
- Dissociative tendencies and facilitated emotional processingDesmond J Oathes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Emotion 8:653-61. 2008..The findings for dissociation further exemplify the influence of individual differences in the link between cognition and emotion...
- Reduced structural connectivity of a major frontolimbic pathway in generalized anxiety disorderDo P M Tromp
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1500 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53705 2280, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 69:925-34. 2012..Research examining emotion regulation and top-down modulation has implicated reduced coupling of the amygdala with prefrontal cortex and anterior cingulate cortex, suggesting altered frontolimbic white matter connectivity in GAD...
- Dissecting the anticipation of aversion reveals dissociable neural networksDaniel W Grupe
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53705 2280, USA
Cereb Cortex 23:1874-83. 2013..These data implicate distinct sets of regions that are active during different temporal stages of anticipation, and provide insight into how the human brain faces the future both adaptively and maladaptively. ..
- Depressed mood, index finger force and motor cortex stimulation: a transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) studyDesmond J Oathes
Department of Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Biol Psychol 72:271-7. 2006..The results argue for a greater importance placed on the relationship between depressive mood symptoms and basic motor processes...
- Anticipatory activation in the amygdala and anterior cingulate in generalized anxiety disorder and prediction of treatment responseJack B Nitschke
Departments of Psychiatry and Psychology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 53705 2280, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:302-10. 2009..This study tested whether patients with generalized anxiety disorder have alterations in anticipatory amygdala function and whether anticipatory activity in the anterior cingulate cortex predicts treatment response...