P V Nummikoski
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Clinical validation of a new subtraction radiography technique for periodontal bone loss detectionP V Nummikoski
Department of Dental Diagnostic Science, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78284, USA
J Periodontol 71:598-605. 2000....
- Image analysis of intraoral radiographsPirkka V Nummikoski
Department of Dental Diagnostic Science, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, USA
Tex Dent J 119:428-33. 2002
- Radiographic analysis of regenerated bone around endosseous implants in the canine using recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2D L Cochran
Department of Periodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio 78284 7894, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 12:739-48. 1997..In addition, these findings suggest that rhBMP-2, a bone differentiation factor, can significantly stimulate bone formation around endosseous dental implants...
- Crestal bone changes around titanium implants: a methodologic study comparing linear radiographic with histometric measurementsJ S Hermann
Department of Periodontics, Dental School, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78284-7894, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 16:475-85. 2001..Such analyses may prove beneficial when trying to distinguish physiologic changes from pathologic changes or when trying to determine causes and effects of bone changes around dental implants...
- Comparison of clinical, periapical radiograph, and cone-beam volume tomography measurement techniques for assessing bone level changes following regenerative periodontal therapyBrently A Grimard
Department of Periodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX USA
J Periodontol 80:48-55. 2009..The aim of this investigation was to compare the measurements from digital IR and CBVT images to direct surgical measurements for the evaluation of regenerative treatment outcomes...
- A prospective multicenter 5-year radiographic evaluation of crestal bone levels over time in 596 dental implants placed in 192 patientsDavid L Cochran
Department of Periodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Periodontol 80:725-33. 2009..The purpose of this prospective multicenter human clinical trial was to evaluate radiographic marginal bone levels around non-submerged hollow cylindrical and solid-screw implants for 5 years after loading...
- A radiographic assessment of progressive loading on bone around single osseointegrated implants in the posterior maxillaRichard S Appleton
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Clin Oral Implants Res 16:161-7. 2005....
- The effect of ultrasound on bone dimensional changes following extraction: a pilot studyEric N Kerr
Department of Periodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Dental School, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Periodontol 79:283-90. 2008..The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of ultrasound on the dimensional healing changes of alveolar bone following tooth extraction using cone-beam volumetric tomography (CBVT)...
- Subantimicrobial dose doxycycline effects on alveolar bone loss in post-menopausal womenJeffrey B Payne
Department of Surgical Specialties, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry, Lincoln, NE 68583 0740, USA
J Clin Periodontol 34:776-87. 2007....
- Subantimicrobial-dose doxycycline modulates gingival crevicular fluid biomarkers of periodontitis in postmenopausal osteopenic womenLorne M Golub
Department of Oral Biology and Pathology, School of Dental Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Periodontol 79:1409-18. 2008..We now describe SDD effects on biomarkers of collagen degradation and bone resorption in the gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) of the same vulnerable subjects...