William A Norcross
Affiliation: University of California
- The influence of women on the health care-seeking behavior of menW A Norcross
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California at San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093 8809, USA
J Fam Pract 43:475-80. 1996..This study was designed to determine the effect of the gender of closely associated persons on the health care-seeking behavior of persons of the opposite sex...
- Toward meeting the challenge of physician competence assessment: the University of California, San Diego Physician Assessment and Clinical Education (PACE) ProgramWilliam A Norcross
UCSD PACE Program, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093 8204, USA
Acad Med 84:1008-14. 2009....
- Diagnosis of acute coronary syndromeSuraj A Achar
University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92037 0968, USA
Am Fam Physician 72:119-26. 2005..In the future, advanced diagnostic modalities, such as myocardial perfusion imaging, may have a role in reducing unnecessary hospitalizations...
- Assessment and remedial clinical education of surgeons in CaliforniaBard C Cosman
Surgical Service, VA San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA, USA
Arch Surg 146:1411-5. 2011..Assessment and remedial clinical education of practicing surgeons is feasible and possibly beneficial...
- Remediation of the deficiencies of physicians across the continuum from medical school to practice: a thematic review of the literatureKaren E Hauer
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143 0131, USA
Acad Med 84:1822-32. 2009..There is an urgent need for multiinstitutional, outcomes-based research on strategies for remediation of less than fully competent trainees and physicians with the use of long-term follow-up to determine the impact on future performance...