Laurie A Nommsen-Rivers
Affiliation: University of California
- Development and validation of the infant feeding intentions scaleLaurie A Nommsen-Rivers
Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis, USA
Matern Child Health J 13:334-42. 2009..There is a need in breastfeeding behavior studies for a quantitative measure of maternal breastfeeding intentions. The Infant Feeding Intentions (IFI) scale was developed to fill this need...
- Newborn wet and soiled diaper counts and timing of onset of lactation as indicators of breastfeeding inadequacyLaurie A Nommsen-Rivers
Department of Nutrition, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Hum Lact 24:27-33. 2008..73-.99) and Sp = .59 (.55-.63). Fewer than 4 soiled diapers on day 4 when used in conjunction with delayed onset of lactation may be indicative of breastfeeding inadequacy, but low specificity will result in many false positives...
- Risk factors for early lactation problems among Peruvian primiparous mothersSusana L Matias
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Matern Child Nutr 6:120-33. 2010..Early lactation problems may be influenced by modifiable factors such as delivery mode and breastfeeding frequency. Infant status at birth and maternal characteristics could indicate when breastfeeding dyads need extra support...
- Risk factors for suboptimal infant breastfeeding behavior, delayed onset of lactation, and excess neonatal weight lossKathryn G Dewey
Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis 95616 8669, USA
Pediatrics 112:607-19. 2003....
- Determinants of exclusive breastfeeding in a cohort of primiparous periurban peruvian mothersSusana L Matias
Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Hum Lact 28:45-54. 2012..Research is also warranted to explore the factors linking depot medroxyprogesterone acetate use and breast pain with EBF duration...
- Lactogenesis and infant weight change in the first weeks of lifeKathryn G Dewey
University of California, Department of Nutrition, Davis 95616 8669, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 503:159-66. 2002
- Excess weight loss in first-born breastfed newborns relates to maternal intrapartum fluid balanceCaroline J Chantry
University of California, Davis, Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, 2516 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Pediatrics 127:e171-9. 2011..The objectives were to describe weight loss in a multiethnic population of first-born, predominantly breastfed, term infants and to identify potentially modifiable risk factors for excess weight loss (EWL)...
- Implementation of the WHO Multicentre Growth Reference Study in the United StatesKathryn G Dewey
Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Food Nutr Bull 25:S84-9. 2004..The cross-sectional sample was recruited between January and July 2001. Major challenges during implementation were maintaining daily communication with hospital personnel and scheduling home visits...
- RNA sequencing of the human milk fat layer transcriptome reveals distinct gene expression profiles at three stages of lactationDanielle G Lemay
Genome Center, University of California Davis, Davis, California, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e67531. 2013..This study provides the methodology and reference data set to enable future targeted research on the physiological contributors of sub-optimal lactation in humans. ..
- Does breastfeeding protect against infant mortality in the United States?Laurie A Nommsen-Rivers
J Hum Lact 20:357-8. 2004