Polly Hitchcock Noel
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Implementation of the Epilepsy Center of Excellence to improve access to and quality of care--protocol for a mixed methods studyMary Jo Pugh
South Texas Veterans Health Care System, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7400 Merton Minter Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Implement Sci 9:44. 2014....
- A randomized trial of practice facilitation to improve the delivery of chronic illness care in primary care: initial and sustained effectsMichael L Parchman
MacColl Center for Healthcare Innovation, Group Health Research Institute, Group Health Cooperative, 1730 Minor Ave Suite 1600, Seattle, WA, USA
Implement Sci 8:93. 2013..The purpose of this group-randomized trial is to assess PF as an intervention to improve the delivery of chronic illness care in primary care...
- Alignment of patient and primary care practice member perspectives of chronic illness care: a cross-sectional analysisPolly H Noel
South Texas Veterans Health Care System, 7400 Merton Minter Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
BMC Fam Pract 15:57. 2014..We examined the extent to which practice members' perceptions of how well they organized to deliver care consistent with the CCM were associated with their patients' perceptions of the chronic illness care they have received...
- The importance of relational coordination and reciprocal learning for chronic illness care within primary care teamsPolly Hitchcock Noel
Research Psychologist, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, TX, USA
Health Care Manage Rev 38:20-8. 2013..Recent research from a complexity theory perspective suggests that implementation of complex models of care, such as the Chronic Care Model (CCM), requires strong relationships and learning capacities among primary care teams...
- Intensity and duration of obesity-related counseling: association with 5-Year BMI trends among obese primary care patientsPolly H Noel
VERDICT South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:773-82. 2012..Enhanced efforts are needed to detect and combat increasing weight trajectories among veterans who are already obese, especially among those aged 18-35 who are at greatest risk...
- Reciprocal learning and chronic care model implementation in primary care: results from a new scale of learning in primary careLuci K Leykum
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 11:44. 2011....
- A pilot survey of post-deployment health care needs in small community-based primary care clinicsPolly H Noel
VERDICT, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System Scott and White, 7400 Merton Minter Blvd, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
BMC Fam Pract 12:79. 2011..Relatively little is known regarding to what extent community-based primary care physicians are encountering post-deployment health care needs among veterans of the Afghanistan or Iraq conflicts and their family members...
- The challenges of multimorbidity from the patient perspectivePolly Hitchcock Noel
VERDICT South Texas Veterans Healthcare System, 7400 Merton Minter Blvd, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:419-24. 2007..Although multiple co-occurring chronic illnesses within the same individual are increasingly common, few studies have examined the challenges of multimorbidity from the patient perspective...
- Obesity diagnosis and care practices in the Veterans Health AdministrationPolly Hitchcock Noel
VERDICT South Texas Veterans Health Care System, 7400 Merton Minter Blvd 11C6, San Antonio, TX 78229 4404, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:510-6. 2010..In response to dramatic increases in obesity prevalence, clinical guidelines urge health care providers to prevent and treat obesity more aggressively...
- Primary care attributes, health care system hassles, and chronic illnessMichael L Parchman
VERDICT Health Services Research Center South Texas Veterans Health Care System, TX 78229 4404, USA
Med Care 43:1123-9. 2005..Although most patients with a chronic illness are managed by primary care clinicians, little is known about how the attributes of primary care might be related to health care system hassles...
- Collaborative care needs and preferences of primary care patients with multimorbidityPolly Hitchcock Noel
VERDICT, Health Services Research Center of Excellence, South Texas Veteran Health Care System, San Antonio, TX 78229 4404, USA
Health Expect 8:54-63. 2005..CONCLUSIONS Findings are consistent with the basic tenets of patient-centred, collaborative care, and suggested that health care can be organized and delivered to meet the complex needs of patients with multimorbidity...
- VHA Corporate Data Warehouse height and weight data: opportunities and challenges for health services researchPolly Hitchcock Noel
Department of Veterans Affairs VA, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, 7400 Merton Minter Blvd 11C6, San Antonio, TX 78229 4404, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 47:739-50. 2010..Researchers should assess the reliability of data contained within any source and apply strategies to minimize the impact of data errors appropriate to their study population...
- Management of overweight and obese adultsPolly Hitchcock Noel
VERDICT Health Services Research Center of Excellence, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, TX 78229 5700, USA
BMJ 325:757-61. 2002
- Stage of change advancement for diabetes self-management behaviors and glucose controlMichael L Parchman
Department of Family and Community Medicine, School of Public Health, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive MSC7795, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Diabetes Educ 29:128-34. 2003..This study was conducted to evaluate whether patients with type 2 diabetes who participated in diabetes education advanced through stages of change for self-management behaviors and to determine if movement was related to glucose control...
- Depression and comorbid illness in elderly primary care patients: impact on multiple domains of health status and well-beingPolly Hitchcock Noel
VERDICT, an HSR and D Center of Excellence, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, 7400 Merton Minter Blvd 11C6, San Antonio, TX 78229 4404, USA
Ann Fam Med 2:555-62. 2004....
- Continuity of care, self-management behaviors, and glucose control in patients with type 2 diabetesMichael L Parchman
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Med Care 40:137-44. 2002..The influence of continuity of care on outcomes of care for patients with type 2 diabetes is poorly understood...
- Adherence to mental health treatment in a primary care clinicJodi Gonzalez
VERDICT Center of Excellence, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 18:87-96. 2005..Patient nonadherence is common for the standard mental health treatments in primary care: antidepressants and referrals to specialty mental health treatment. This is one of few studies to prospectively identify predictors of nonadherence...
- Patient Experience in an Era of Primary Care Transformation: Revisiting the PACICPolly Hitchcock Noel
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, 210 394 0360
Eur J Pers Cent Healthc 4:528-540. 2016..This study analyzed the factor structure of the PACIC using a large and diverse patient sample, and evaluated the identified factors through the lens of recent transformational initiatives in primary care...
- Helping journalists get it right: a physicians's guide to improving health care reportingKaren Stamm
Department of Medicine Division of General Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Tex 78229 4404, USA
J Gen Intern Med 18:138-45. 2003..It details "rules of the road" for interviews. Working collaboratively with news reporters to improve the quality of medical stories in the lay press benefits patients and physicians alike...