Matthew F Niedner
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- The harder you look, the more you find: Catheter-associated bloodstream infection surveillance variabilityMatthew F Niedner
C S Mott Children s Hospital, University of Michigan, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Critical Care, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0243, USA
Am J Infect Control 38:585-95. 2010..Catheter-related bloodstream infections are an important quality performance measure and remain a significant source of added morbidity, mortality, and medical costs...
- Pediatric Quality Improvement: Practical and Scholarly ConsiderationsMatthew F Niedner
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Mott Children s Hospital, University of Michigan Medical Center, F 6894 Mott 0243, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0243, USA Electronic address
Pediatr Clin North Am 63:341-56. 2016..Models for understanding system and process performance are discussed. Introductory considerations to QI data and QI research analytical considerations are provided. ..
- The high-reliability pediatric intensive care unitMatthew F Niedner
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Mott Children s Hospital, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0243, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 60:563-80. 2013....
- Epidemiology of central line-associated bloodstream infections in the pediatric intensive care unitMatthew F Niedner
Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:1200-8. 2011..Describe central line-associated bloodstream infection (CLA-BSI) epidemiology in pediatric intensive care units (PICUs)...
- Reducing PICU central line-associated bloodstream infections: 3-year resultsMarlene R Miller
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Pediatrics 128:e1077-83. 2011....
- Rebound in ventilator-associated pneumonia rates during a prevention checklist washout periodAli A Cheema
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Paediatric Critical Care Medicine and Paediatric Palliative Care Service, University of Michigan Medical Center, Mott Children s Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0243, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 20:811-7. 2011..Initial education, year-long habit formation, and effective early implementation demonstrated no appreciable effect on the VAP rate during the checklist washout period...
- B-type natriuretic peptide: perioperative patterns in congenital heart diseaseMatthew F Niedner
Department of Pediatric Critical Care, Rady Children s Hospital
Congenit Heart Dis 5:243-55. 2010..BNP levels in children undergoing surgical repair of congenital heart disease (CHD) were characterized broadly, and distinguishable subgroup patterns delineated...
- Rapid reduction of central line infections in hospitalized pediatric oncology patients through simple quality improvement methodsSung W Choi
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5942, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:262-9. 2013..Effective strategies to eliminate these preventable infections are urgently needed. In this study, we investigated the implementation of bundled central line maintenance practices and their effect on hospital-acquired CLA-BSIs...