Laron E Nelson
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Childhood Exposure to Religions With High Prevalence of Members Who Discourage Homosexuality Is Associated With Adult HIV Risk Behaviors and HIV Infection in Black Men Who Have Sex With MenLaron E Nelson
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Am J Mens Health . 2016..Structural interventions are needed that focus on developing affirming theologies in religious institutions with Black men who have sex with men congregants...
- Economic, Legal, and Social Hardships Associated with HIV Risk among Black Men who have Sex with Men in Six US CitiesLaron E Nelson
School of Nursing, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
J Urban Health 93:170-88. 2016..Hardships are important factors that influence HIV risk for Black MSM. Integrating strategies that address structural factors that influence HIV risk may enhance HIV prevention interventions implementation efforts...
- Co-Parenting Relationship Experiences of Black Adolescent Mothers in Active Romantic Partnerships With the Fathers of Their ChildrenLaron E Nelson
University of Rochester, NY, USA
J Fam Nurs 21:413-42. 2015..Future research is needed that focuses on identifying other co-parent relationship assets and integrating and evaluating their utility for enhancing interventions for adolescent families. ..
- Research team training: moving beyond job descriptionsLaron E Nelson
Center for High Risk Children and Youth, University of Rochester School of Nursing, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Appl Nurs Res 21:159-64. 2008..This article describes the identification of training needs and methods in the design of a research team training program using examples from an HIV prevention intervention trial with adolescent girls...
- HIV prevention interventions in adolescent girls: what is the state of the science?Dianne Morrison-Beedy
University of Rochester, School of Nursing, Center for High Risk Children and Youth, NY 14642, USA
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 1:165-75. 2004....
- The Association of HIV Stigma and HIV/STD Knowledge With Sexual Risk Behaviors Among Adolescent and Adult Men Who Have Sex With Men in Ghana, West AfricaLaron E Nelson
Dean s Endowed Fellow in Health Disparities and Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box SON, Rochester, NY, 14642
Res Nurs Health 38:194-206. 2015..Intervention research in Ghana should address age-group-specific HIV prevention needs of MSM youth...
- HIV risk behaviors and testing rates in adolescent girls: evidence to guide clinical practiceDianne Morrison-Beedy
University of Rochester, School of Nursing, Rochester, NY, USA
Pediatr Nurs 31:508-12. 2005
- Predictors of condom use among peer social networks of men who have sex with men in Ghana, West AfricaLaron E Nelson
School of Nursing, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, United States of America Lawrence S Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
PLoS ONE 10:e0115504. 2015..More research with Ghanaian MSM is needed that considers knowledge, attitudes, and norms of their social networks in the development and implementation of culturally relevant HIV/STI prevention intervention strategies. ..
- Adaptation and refinement of the HIV knowledge questionnaire for use with adolescent girlsELLEN M VOLPE
University of Rochester School of Nursing, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 18:57-63. 2007..The final HIV-KQ for adolescent girls is a practical, specific, and appropriate instrument for use with adolescent girls in these settings...