Bergen B Nelson
Affiliation: University of California
- Strengthening families of children with developmental concerns: parent perceptions of developmental screening and services in Head StartBergen B Nelson
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Ethn Dis 21:S1-89-93. 2011..The authors investigated perceptions of parents with children in the Head Start program about the processes of detection and intervention for developmental concerns...
- How Avoidable are Hospitalizations for Children With Medical Complexity? Understanding Parent PerspectivesBergen B Nelson
Department of Pediatrics and Children s Discovery and Innovation Institute, Mattel Children s Hospital and David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Calif Electronic address
Acad Pediatr 16:579-86. 2016..We sought to understand what parents think about factors leading to hospitalization and whether any recent hospitalizations might have been avoidable...
- Predictors of Poor School Readiness in Children Without Developmental Delay at Age 2Bergen B Nelson
Department of Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital and Children s Discovery and Innovation Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California UCLA Center for Healthier Children, Families and Communities, Los Angeles, California
Pediatrics 138:. 2016..We developed models for 2-year-olds without DD that predict, at kindergarten entry, poor academic performance and high problem behaviors...
- Developmental and health services in head start preschools: a tiered approach to early interventionBergen B Nelson
Department of Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital and David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Acad Pediatr 13:145-51. 2013..To describe a tiered approach to identifying and addressing developmental and health concerns among low-income preschool children in Head Start...
- Long-term health implications of school qualityRebecca N Dudovitz
Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Ave 12 358 CHS, Los Angeles, CA, 90095, USA, MC 175217 Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 158:1-7. 2016..We aim to determine whether high school quality predicts adult health outcomes after controlling for baseline health, socio-demographics and individual academic achievement...
- Discharge Handoff Communication and Pediatric ReadmissionsRyan J Coller
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin, Madison School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
J Hosp Med 12:29-35. 2017..Improvement in hospital transitional care has become a major national priority, although the impact on children's postdischarge outcomes is unclear...
- A structured management approach to implementation of health promotion interventions in Head StartAriella Herman
Johnson and Johnson Health Care Institute, Anderson School of Management, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E155. 2013..HCI has demonstrated consistent outcomes in diverse settings and cultures, suggesting both scalability and sustainability. ..
- "Eat Healthy, Stay Active!": a coordinated intervention to improve nutrition and physical activity among Head Start parents, staff, and childrenAriella Herman
Johnson and Johnson Health Care Institute, Anderson School of Management, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1481, USA
Am J Health Promot 27:e27-36. 2012..Examine the effectiveness of the "Eat Healthy, Stay Active!" pilot program, a multisite, 6-month educational intervention to promote healthy nutrition and physical activity among Head Start staff, parents, and children...