Misaki N Natsuaki
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- African American children's depressive symptoms: the prospective effects of neighborhood disorder, stressful life events, and parentingMisaki N Natsuaki
Institute of Child Development, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 51 East River Road, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Community Psychol 39:163-76. 2007..The importance of examining correlates of depressive symptoms from a contextual framework, focusing on individuals, families, and neighborhood contexts, is emphasized...
- Aggressive behavior between siblings and the development of externalizing problems: evidence from a genetically sensitive studyMisaki N Natsuaki
Institute of Child Development, University of Minnesota, Minnesota, USA
Dev Psychol 45:1009-18. 2009..The findings provide converging evidence for the unique contribution of sibling aggression in understanding changes in externalizing problems during adolescence...
- Early pubertal maturation and internalizing problems in adolescence: sex differences in the role of cortisol reactivity to interpersonal stressMisaki N Natsuaki
Institute of Child Development, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 38:513-24. 2009..Finally, girls' cortisol reactivity to interpersonal challenge was more strongly associated with internalizing problems than boys' reactivity...
- The longitudinal effects of stressful life events on adolescent depression are buffered by parent-child closenessXiaojia Ge
Institute of Child Development, University of Minnesota, 51 East River Road, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Dev Psychopathol 21:621-35. 2009..More importantly, closeness with mothers, but not with fathers, moderated the effects of both personal and family negative life events on subsequent depressive symptoms...
- Bridging the divide: openness in adoption and postadoption psychosocial adjustment among birth and adoptive parentsXiaojia Ge
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
J Fam Psychol 22:529-40. 2008..Birth fathers' report of openness was associated with their greater satisfaction with the adoption process and better postadoption adjustment...
- Trajectories of depressive symptoms and stressful life events among male and female adolescents in divorced and nondivorced familiesXiaojia Ge
Department of Human and Community Development, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Dev Psychopathol 18:253-73. 2006..Fifth and finally, time-varying stressful life events, particularly those related to relationship and personal loss, were significantly associated with the trajectories of depressive symptoms...
- Pubertal maturation and early substance use risks among African American childrenXiaojia Ge
Department of Human and Community Development, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 20:404-14. 2006..Second, these changes were significantly more likely to occur among early maturing girls. Third, early physical maturation interacted with peer substance use to affect these changes...