Laura A Napolitano
Affiliation: University of California
- Increased circulating interleukin-7 levels in HIV-1-infected womenLaura A Napolitano
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California at San Francisco, 94158, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 40:581-4. 2005..0032) after controlling for CD4 count, age, and race. Given the important role of IL-7 in T-cell development and homeostasis, these findings suggest that higher IL-7 levels may contribute to higher CD4 counts in women...
- Growth hormone enhances thymic function in HIV-1-infected adultsLaura A Napolitano
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Clin Invest 118:1085-98. 2008..Further, these randomized, prospective data have shown that thymic involution can be pharmacologically reversed in humans, suggesting that immune-based therapies could be used to enhance thymopoiesis in immunodeficient individuals...
- Increased thymic mass and circulating naive CD4 T cells in HIV-1-infected adults treated with growth hormoneLaura A Napolitano
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94141, USA
AIDS 16:1103-11. 2002..To determine whether treatment with growth hormone (GH) enhances thymopoiesis in individuals infected with HIV-1...
- Effects of IL-7 on early human thymocyte progenitor cells in vitro and in SCID-hu Thy/Liv miceLaura A Napolitano
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94141, USA
J Immunol 171:645-54. 2003..Given the growing interest in the use of IL-7 for the treatment of human immunodeficiency, these findings support additional investigation into its in vivo effects on thymopoiesis and HIV infection...
- Growth hormone-induced stimulation of multilineage human hematopoiesisMary B Hanley
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, 1650 Owens Street, San Francisco, California 94158 2261, USA
Stem Cells 23:1170-9. 2005..These findings identify specific targets of GH and IGF-I within human FBM, and demonstrate direct and indirect effects that may contribute to GH-mediated enhancement of human hemato-lymphopoiesis...
- Approaches to immune reconstitution in HIV infectionLaura A Napolitano
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Top HIV Med 11:160-3. 2003
- Risk of breast cancer with CXCR4-using HIV defined by V3 loop sequencingJames J Goedert
Infections and Immunoepidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, Vancouver, BC, Canada Monogram Biosciences, South San Francisco, CA Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY Maimonides Medical Center and State University of New York Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn, New York, NY Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA Departments of Medicine, Stroger Hospital and Rush University, Chicago, IL Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD Department of Physiological Nursing and The Institute for Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, CA and Departments of Clinical Pharmacy and Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 68:30-5. 2015..Evaluate the risk of female breast cancer associated with HIV-CXCR4 (X4) tropism as determined by various genotypic measures...
- Associations of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and IGF-binding protein-3 with HIV disease progression in womenHoward D Strickler
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Infect Dis 197:319-27. 2008....
- Accumulation of DC-SIGN+CD40+ dendritic cells with reduced CD80 and CD86 expression in lymphoid tissue during acute HIV-1 infectionKarin Lore
Division of Clinical Virology, Department of Microbiology, Pathology and Immunology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
AIDS 16:683-92. 2002..Dendritic cells (DC) are target cells for HIV-1 and play a key role in antigen presentation and activation of T cells...
- REGULATION OF THYMOPOIESIS IN HIV1 DISEASELaura Napolitano; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Growth Hormone/Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1/T-CellLaura Napolitano; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will perform longitudinal analysis of HIV and CMV-specific immune responses in the context of a randomized prospective clinical study examining the effects of GH on the immune system of HIV-infected adults. ..
- Positron Emission Tomography to Evaluate Thymic FunctionLaura Napolitano; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Growth Hormone and Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 on ThymopoiesisLaura Napolitano; Fiscal Year: 2007..If successful, this information would be directly applicable to the future development of targeted therapies to enhance T cell production in immunodeficient individuals. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..