Affiliation: University of California
- A rat model of exercise-induced asthma: a nonspecific response to a specific immunogenEinat Kodesh
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 4560, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R917-24. 2011..Precisely how this immune crossover occurs is not known, but this model may be useful in elucidating essential mechanisms of EIB...
- Autonomic innervation and regulation of the immune system (1987-2007)Dwight M Nance
Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, University of California Irvine, Orange, CA 92868 4283, USA
Brain Behav Immun 21:736-45. 2007....
- Neuropeptide specificity of prostaglandin E2-induced activation of splenic and renal sympathetic nerves in the ratBrian J MacNeil
School of Medical Rehabilitation, University of Manitoba, R106 771 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, Man, Canada R3E 0T6
Brain Behav Immun 17:442-52. 2003..Thus, PGE2 acts through neuropeptide-specific pathways to initiate sympathetic outflow and OT is a specific component of the sympathetic pathway innervating the spleen...
- Contribution of the adrenal glands and splenic nerve to LPS-induced splenic cytokine production in the ratJonathan C Meltzer
National Research Council of Canada Institute for Biodiagnostics, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3B 1Y6
Brain Behav Immun 17:482-97. 2003..The conceptual model of neural-immune regulation as an inhibitory feedback system, at least with regards to the early activational effects induced by an inflammatory stimulus, was not supported by these studies...
- Stress-induced suppression of in vivo splenic cytokine production in the rat by neural and hormonal mechanismsJonathan C Meltzer
National Research Council of Canada Institute for Biodiagnostics, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3E 0W3
Brain Behav Immun 18:262-73. 2004..Adrenal demedullation of animals with a SNC demonstrated that the SNS, not the HPAA, was primarily responsible for the immunosuppressive effects of stress...
- Neural Control of Macrophages by Endotoxin and HIV-1DWIGHT NANCE; Fiscal Year: 2004..These experiments will characterize the functional pathways from the brain to the spleen and determine the effects of gp120 on this regulatory system. ..