Affiliation: University of California
- Autoregulation in the posterior circulation is altered by the metabolic state of the visual cortexKazuma Nakagawa
Department of Neurology, Stroke Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Stroke 40:2062-7. 2009..We examined the role of cerebral vasodilation caused by metabolic activation (ie, visual stimulus) on autoregulatory characteristics in the 2 vascular territories...
- Aggressive care after a massive stroke in young patients: is that what they want?Kazuma Nakagawa
Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Neurocrit Care 13:118-22. 2010..However, neither their attitude toward aggressive treatment, nor their perception of acceptable quality of life after a stroke, has been adequately studied...
- The effect of decompressive hemicraniectomy on brain temperature after severe brain injuryKazuma Nakagawa
Department of Neurovascular Service, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, M 830, San Francisco, CA 94143 0114, USA
Neurocrit Care 15:101-6. 2011..Since the skull acts as a potential thermal insulator, we hypothesized that decompressive hemicraniectomy facilitates surface cooling and lowers brain temperature...
- Hypertonic saline versus mannitol for the treatment of elevated intracranial pressure: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trialsHooman Kamel
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Crit Care Med 39:554-9. 2011..We therefore combined their findings in a meta-analysis...
- Physiologic response of human brain death and the use of vasopressin for successful organ transplantationKazuma Nakagawa
Neurovascular Service, Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Clin Anesth 23:145-8. 2011..Vasopressin, a catecholamine-sparing vasopressor and antidiuretic agent, may be an effective agent in the treatment of refractory hypotension after brain death prior to organ transplantation...