Affiliation: University of California
- General growth mixture modeling for randomized preventive interventionsBengt Muthen
Graduate School of Education and Information Studies, University of California, Moore Hall, Box 951521, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1521, USA
Biostatistics 3:459-75. 2002..An example is presented concerning a randomized intervention in Baltimore public schools aimed at reducing aggressive classroom behavior, where only students who were initially more aggressive showed benefits from the intervention...
- Bayesian structural equation modeling: a more flexible representation of substantive theoryBengt Muthen
Muthén and Muthén, 3463 Stoner Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90066, USA
Psychol Methods 17:313-35. 2012....
- Growth mixture modelling in families of the Framingham Heart StudyBerit Kerner
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, 695 Charles E Young Drive South, Room 4357B, Box 951761, Los Angeles, California 90095 1761, USA
BMC Proc 3:S114. 2009....
- A multilevel linear mixed model of the association between candidate genes and weight and body mass index using the Framingham longitudinal family dataJian An Luan
Medical Research Council Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Metabolic Science, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
BMC Proc 3:S115. 2009..Linkage disequilibrium (LD) between the two FTO SNPs was strong (D' = 0.997, r2 = 0.875) but their haplotype was not significantly associated with either weight or BMI. The two SNPs near MC4R were in weak LD (D' = 0.487, r2 = 0.166)...
- Growth modeling with nonignorable dropout: alternative analyses of the STAR*D antidepressant trialBengt Muthen
Muthén and Muthén, Los Angeles, California 90066, USA
Psychol Methods 16:17-33. 2011..The analyses provide a new way to assess drug efficiency in the presence of dropout...
- Estimating drug effects in the presence of placebo response: causal inference using growth mixture modelingBengt Muthen
University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Stat Med 28:3363-85. 2009..It is useful to augment such reporting with the GMM-estimated prevalences for the four classes of subjects and the Drug Only Responder drug effect estimate...
- Should substance use disorders be considered as categorical or dimensional?Bengt Muthen
University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Addiction 101:6-16. 2006..Conventional modeling using categorical or continuous latent variables in the form of latent class analysis and factor (IRT) analysis has limitations for the analysis of diagnostic criteria...
- Advances in behavioral genetics modeling using Mplus: applications of factor mixture modeling to twin dataBengt Muthen
Graduate School of Education and Information Studies, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Twin Res Hum Genet 9:313-24. 2006..The factor mixture approach appears to have great potential for the genetic analyses of heterogeneous populations. Generalizations for longitudinal data are also outlined...
- Item response mixture modeling: application to tobacco dependence criteriaBengt Muthen
UCLA, United States
Addict Behav 31:1050-66. 2006..The hybrid models are typically seen to fit data better than conventional models of factor analysis (IRT) and latent class analysis. An illustration is given in the form of analysis of tobacco dependence in a general population survey...
- Statistical and substantive checking in growth mixture modeling: comment on Bauer and Curran (2003)Bengt Muthen
Social Research Methodology Division, Graduate School of Education and Information Studies, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095 1521, USA
Psychol Methods 8:369-77; discussion 384-93. 2003..Principles for substantive investigation of growth mixture model results are presented and illustrated by an example of high school dropout predicted by low mathematics achievement development in Grades 7-10...
- Finite mixture modeling with mixture outcomes using the EM algorithmB Muthen
Graduate School of Education and Information Studies and Department of Statistics, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1521, USA
Biometrics 55:463-9. 1999..The EM algorithm is used for estimation. As an illustration, a random-coefficient growth model for the prediction of alcohol dependence from three latent classes of heavy alcohol use trajectories among young adults is analyzed...
- Integrating person-centered and variable-centered analyses: growth mixture modeling with latent trajectory classesB Muthen
Graduate School of Education and Information Studies, University of California Los Angeles 90095 1521, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 24:882-91. 2000..In alcohol, drug, and mental health research the recognition of heterogeneity has led to theories of multiple developmental pathways...
- ADVANCED ANALYSIS OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF ALCOHOL PROBLEMSBengt Muthen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The central part of the substantive training will occur through collaboration with a few key experts in alcohol and related fields. ..