Marc A Musick
Affiliation: University of Texas
- Volunteering and depression: the role of psychological and social resources in different age groupsMarc A Musick
The University of Texas at Austin, Population Research Center, Austin, TX 78712 1088, USA
Soc Sci Med 56:259-69. 2003..Volunteering for religious causes is more beneficial for mental health than volunteering for secular causes but, again, the effect is confined to the elderly...
- Attendance at religious services and mortality in a national sampleMarc A Musick
Population Research Center, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Health Soc Behav 45:198-213. 2004..Surprisingly, other religious beliefs and behaviors do not explain, and often tend to suppress, the association between service attendance and mortality...
- Age-related declines in activity level: the relationship between chronic illness and religious activitiesMaureen Reindl Benjamins
Population Research Center, Department of Sociology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 58:S377-85. 2003....
- Religious attendance and the health behaviors of Texas adultsTerrence D Hill
Department of Sociology, University of Texas, 1 University Station A1700, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Prev Med 42:309-12. 2006..The purpose of this study is to test whether religious involvement is associated with a broad range of health behaviors...
- Correlates of self-perceptions of spirituality in American adultsLeila Shahabi
Department of Preventive Medicine, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Ann Behav Med 24:59-68. 2002..Moreover, individuals who perceive themselves to be both spiritual and religious may be at particularly low risk for morbidity and mortality based on their good psychological status and ongoing restorative activities...
- Religious involvement and healthy lifestyles: evidence from the survey of Texas adultsTerrence D Hill
Department of Sociology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33124 2030, USA
Ann Behav Med 34:217-22. 2007....