Affiliation: University of California
- Efficacy of histone deacetylase and estrogen receptor inhibition in breast cancer cells due to concerted down regulation of AktScott Thomas
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e68973. 2013..Thus, histone deacetylase regulation of AKT mRNA is a key mediator of this therapeutic combination and may represent a novel biomarker for predicting response to this regimen. ..
- Histone deacetylase regulation of ATM-mediated DNA damage signalingK Ted Thurn
Corresponding Author Pamela N Munster, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of California, 1600 Divisadero, Room A719, Box 1711, San Francisco, CA 94143
Mol Cancer Ther 12:2078-87. 2013....
- Fertility preservation and breast cancer: A complex problemPamela N Munster
Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 27:533-9. 2013..Here we summarize the current challenges and options for women diagnosed with breast cancer who wish to preserve their fertility...
- A phase II study of afatinib (BIBW 2992), an irreversible ErbB family blocker, in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer progressing after trastuzumabNancy U Lin
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:1057-65. 2012..4%) and rash (9.8%). Afatinib monotherapy was associated with promising clinical activity in extensively pretreated HER2-positive breast cancer patients who had progressed following trastuzumab treatment...
- Randomized trial using gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist triptorelin for the preservation of ovarian function during (neo)adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancerPamela N Munster
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:533-8. 2012..This prospective randomized trial evaluated the use of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analog triptorelin to preserve ovarian function in women treated with chemotherapy for early-stage breast cancer...
- Clinical and biological effects of valproic acid as a histone deacetylase inhibitor on tumor and surrogate tissues: phase I/II trial of valproic acid and epirubicin/FECPamela Munster
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, Divisadero, San Francisco, California 94143 1711, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:2488-96. 2009..The aim was to study the biological and molecular effects of the histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitor, valproic acid, in patients with solid tumor malignancies...
- Phase I trial of vorinostat and doxorubicin in solid tumours: histone deacetylase 2 expression as a predictive markerP N Munster
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Br J Cancer 101:1044-50. 2009..Histone deacetylase inhibitors (HDACi) can sensitise cancer cells to topoisomerase inhibitors by increasing their access and binding to DNA...
- A phase II study of the histone deacetylase inhibitor vorinostat combined with tamoxifen for the treatment of patients with hormone therapy-resistant breast cancerP N Munster
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero, Rm A719 Box 1711, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Br J Cancer 104:1828-35. 2011..Preclinically, HDAC inhibitors can reverse tamoxifen/aromatase inhibitor resistance in hormone receptor-positive breast cancer. This concept was examined in a phase II combination trial with correlative end points...
- Preclinical and clinical activity of the topoisomerase I inhibitor, karenitecin, in melanomaPamela N Munster
University of California, Department of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 20:1565-74. 2011..This review covers the preclinical and clinical activity of the novel camptothecin analog, karenitecin, in melanoma...
- The Role of Selective HDAC Enzymes in Drug SensitivityPamela N Munster; Fiscal Year: 2010..In pre- and post-treatment tumor samples, we will determine which HDACs are involved in the cellular effects induced by the HDACi and which HDACs may predict response. ..