Mahasin S Mujahid
Affiliation: University of California
- Socioeconomic position, John Henryism, and incidence of acute myocardial infarction in Finnish menMahasin S Mujahid
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, 105 Haviland Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 7358, United States Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 173:54-62. 2017....
- Neighborhood stressors and race/ethnic differences in hypertension prevalence (the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis)Mahasin S Mujahid
University of California, Berkeley, USA
Am J Hypertens 24:187-93. 2011..The reasons for racial/ethnic disparities in hypertension (HTN) prevalence in the United States are poorly understood...
- Racial/ethnic differences in job loss for women with breast cancerMahasin S Mujahid
Division of Epidemiology, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
J Cancer Surviv 5:102-11. 2011..We examined race/ethnic differences in treatment-related job loss and the financial impact of treatment-related job loss, in a population-based sample of women diagnosed with breast cancer...
- Difference by sex but not by race/ethnicity in the visceral adipose tissue-depressive symptoms association: the Multi-Ethnic Study of AtherosclerosisRosemay A Remigio-Baker
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 47:78-87. 2014..e. body mass index (BMI) and waist circumference), but few have examined the association between depressive symptoms and intra-abdominal fat. Of these a limited number assessed the relationship in a multi-racial/ethnic population...
- Metropolitan fragmentation and health disparities: is there a link?Malo André Hutson
University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Milbank Q 90:187-207. 2012..The presence of numerous governmental jurisdictions in large metropolitan areas in the United States can shape the geography of opportunity, with adverse consequences for health...
- Assessing the measurement properties of neighborhood scales: from psychometrics to ecometricsMahasin S Mujahid
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Epidemiol 165:858-67. 2007..These results illustrate a methodological approach for assessing the measurement properties of neighborhood-level constructs and show that these constructs can be measured reliably...
- Neighborhood resources for physical activity and healthy foods and incidence of type 2 diabetes mellitus: the Multi-Ethnic study of AtherosclerosisAmy H Auchincloss
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:1698-704. 2009..We hypothesized that neighborhood resources supporting physical activity and healthy diets are associated with a lower incidence of type 2 diabetes...
- Physical environment may modify the association between depressive symptoms and change in waist circumference: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosisRosemay A Remigio-Baker
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA
Psychosomatics 55:144-54. 2014..Although the bidirectional association between depressive symptoms and adiposity has been recognized, the contribution of neighborhood factors to this relationship has not been assessed...
- Racial-ethnic differences in pregnancy-related weightIrene E Headen
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Adv Nutr 3:83-94. 2012..Attention to the greater social context in which pregnancy-related weight exists is also needed...
- Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Inadequate Gestational Weight Gain Differ by Pre-pregnancy WeightIrene Headen
Division of Epidemiology, University of California, Berkeley School of Public Health, 101 Haviland Hall, Berkeley, CA, USA
Matern Child Health J 19:1672-86. 2015..The magnitude of racial/ethnic disparities in inadequate GWG appears to vary by pre-pregnancy weight class, which should be considered when designing interventions to close racial/ethnic gaps in healthy GWG...