Peter M Mourani
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Pulmonary vascular effects of inhaled nitric oxide and oxygen tension in bronchopulmonary dysplasiaPeter M Mourani
Division of Critical Care, The Pediatric Heart Lung Center, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 170:1006-13. 2004..We conclude that hyperoxia plus iNO causes marked pulmonary vasodilatation in older patients with BPD, suggesting that heightened pulmonary vascular tone contributes to pulmonary vascular disease in BPD...
- Clinical utility of echocardiography for the diagnosis and management of pulmonary vascular disease in young children with chronic lung diseasePeter M Mourani
Division of Critical Care, Children s Hospital and University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
Pediatrics 121:317-25. 2008..The goal was to determine the clinical utility of Doppler echocardiography in predicting the presence and severity of pulmonary hypertension in patients with chronic lung disease who subsequently underwent cardiac catheterization...
- Effects of long-term sildenafil treatment for pulmonary hypertension in infants with chronic lung diseasePeter M Mourani
Division of Critical Care, The Children s Hospital and University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Pediatr 154:379-84, 384.e1-2. 2009..To determine the clinical course and outcomes of infants with chronic lung disease (CLD) and pulmonary hypertension (PH) who received prolonged sildenafil therapy...
- Scope and impact of early and late preterm infants admitted to the PICU with respiratory illnessCameron F Gunville
Section of Critical Care, University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
J Pediatr 157:209-214.e1. 2010....
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia: a genetic diseaseSteven H Abman
Children s Hospital, Pulmonary Medicine, B395, 13123 E Sixteenth Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pediatrics 122:658-9. 2008
- A comparison of characteristics and outcomes in severe human metapneumovirus and respiratory syncytial virus infections in children treated in an intensive care unitHeath A Eggleston
From the University of Colorado School of Medicine Section of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado and Department of Epidemiology, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:1330-4. 2013..We evaluated the risk factors, clinical courses and outcomes of severe HMPV disease relative to severe RSV in children admitted to the PICU...
- Pulmonary vascular disease in bronchopulmonary dysplasia: pulmonary hypertension and beyondPeter M Mourani
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Critical Care, Pediatric Heart Lung Center, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 25:329-37. 2013....
- Left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in bronchopulmonary dysplasiaPeter M Mourani
Division of Critical Care, The Pediatric Heart Lung Center, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital and University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Pediatr 152:291-3. 2008..We speculate that close monitoring for left ventricular diastolic dysfunction may assist with clinical management and improve outcomes of infants with severe bronchopulmonary dysplasia...
- The role of vitamin D in prevention and treatment of infectionCameron F Gunville
Section of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets 12:239-45. 2013..Given its influence on the immune system and inflammatory cascade, vitamin D may have an important future role in the prevention and treatment of infection. ..
- Pathogenetic Mechanisms of Brochopulmonary DysplasiaPETER MOURANI; Fiscal Year: 2007..D. in the University of Colorado's Clinical Science Program. In addition, he will actively participate and train in the Pediatric GCRC, and frequently interact with his sponsor, mentors, and collaborators. ..