Krysia N Mossakowski
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Is the duration of poverty and unemployment a risk factor for heavy drinking?Krysia N Mossakowski
University of Miami, Department of Sociology, Coral Gables, FL 33146, United States
Soc Sci Med 67:947-55. 2008..Overall, this study contributes to the literature that histories of poverty and involuntary unemployment have lasting effects on heavy drinking. More studies should use longitudinal data to explore the temporal dimension of SES...
- The influence of past unemployment duration on symptoms of depression among young women and men in the United StatesKrysia N Mossakowski
Department of Sociology, University of Miami, 5202 University Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33146, USA
Am J Public Health 99:1826-32. 2009..I also investigated whether past unemployment duration predicts depressive symptoms...
- Unfulfilled expectations and symptoms of depression among young adultsKrysia N Mossakowski
Department of Sociology, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Saunders Hall Room 215, 2424 Maile Way, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
Soc Sci Med 73:729-36. 2011....
- Coping with perceived discrimination: does ethnic identity protect mental health?Krysia N Mossakowski
Department of Sociology, Indiana University, 778 Ballantine Hall, 1020 East Kirkwood Ave, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
J Health Soc Behav 44:318-31. 2003..The strong link between ethnic identity and better mental health has implications for social-psychological theories on race/ethnicity and assimilation in the United States...
- Limited English proficiency and psychological distress among Latinos and Asian AmericansWei Zhang
Department of Sociology, The University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI, USA
Soc Sci Med 75:1006-14. 2012..Findings underscore the differential role of limited English proficiency for the mental health of Asian Americans and Latinos and suggest the distinctive racial experiences and backgrounds of these two ethnic groups...
- Religious Involvement and Perceptions of Control: Evidence from the Miami-Dade Health SurveyAnita E Pascoe
Department of Sociology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Relig Health 55:862-73. 2016....
- Does perceived discrimination affect health? Longitudinal relationships between work discrimination and women's physical and emotional healthEliza K Pavalko
Department of Sociology, 744 Ballantine Hall, 1020 E Kirkwood Ave, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
J Health Soc Behav 44:18-33. 2003..Overall, the results provide even stronger support for the health impact of workplace discrimination and suggest a need for further longitudinal analyses of causes and consequences of perceived discrimination...
- Relationship violence and psychological distress among low-income urban womenTerrence D Hill
Department of Sociology, University of Miami, P O Box 248162, Coral Gables, FL 33124, USA
J Urban Health 84:537-51. 2007....