D E Morisky
Affiliation: University of California
- Patterns of adolescent alcohol, cigarette, and marijuana use over a 6-month periodC D Sneed
University of California, Los Angeles, 90024, USA
Addict Behav 26:415-23. 2001..The discussion focuses on the identification of the situational context of substance use for alcohol, cigarettes, and marijuana...
- 'Don't know' and 'didn't think of it': condom use at first intercourse by Latino adolescentsC D Sneed
University of California, Los Angeles 90024, USA
AIDS Care 13:303-8. 2001..The remaining demographic factors were not significantly related to use of condoms at first intercourse nor to perceived risk for contracting HIV...
- Effects of acculturation and psychosocial factors in Latino adolescents' TB-related behaviorsY Salabarría-Peña
University of California, Los Angeles, School of Public Health, USA
Ethn Dis 11:661-75. 2001....
- The effects of establishment practices, knowledge and attitudes on condom use among Filipina sex workersD E Morisky
University of California, Los Angeles, USA, School of Public Health, Center for Health Sciences 90095 1772, USA
AIDS Care 10:213-20. 1998..The preliminary findings point to the importance of an intervention that stresses changes in establishment policies and expectations as a means of reducing risk behaviours associated with HIV/STD transmission...
- Are condom instructions readable? Results of a readability studyG A Richwald
School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles
Public Health Rep 103:355-9. 1988..Clearly written instructions and simple concepts could assist current and future condom users in the correct use of condoms and improve the effectiveness of condoms in the prevention of AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases...
- A clinic and community-based approach to hypertension control for an underserved minority population: design and methodsH J Ward
Department of Medicine, King Drew Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA
Am J Hypertens 13:177-83. 2000..It was concluded that structural changes at the clinic site, along with the targeted interventions, would improve patient satisfaction, increase treatment adherence, and improve blood pressure control...
- Asia--the new epidemic zone for HIV/AIDSD E Morisky
School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1772, USA
J Health Commun 3:185-91. 1998....
- Behavioral interventions for the control of tuberculosis among adolescentsD E Morisky
Dept of Community Health Services, School of Public Health, University of California Los Angeles, Box 951772, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Public Health Rep 116:568-74. 2001..The authors developed and tested the effects of innovative educational strategies on infected adolescents at two health centers serving ethnically diverse populations...