Affiliation: University of Hawaii
- Soy consumption is not protective against diabetes in Hawaii: the Multiethnic CohortY Morimoto
Department of Epidemiology, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, 1236 Lauhala Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 65:279-82. 2011..The current findings do not support a protective effect of modest levels of soy food consumption against diabetes...
- Serum prostate-specific antigen but not testosterone levels decrease in a randomized soy intervention among menG Maskarinec
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 60:1423-9. 2006..The goal of this pilot study was to evaluate the feasibility of a randomized, crossover soy trial among men and to investigate the effects of daily soy intake on serum prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and testosterone levels...
- Urinary estrogen metabolites in two soy trials with premenopausal womenG Maskarinec
University of Hawaii Cancer Center, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 66:1044-9. 2012..Soy consumption may protect against breast cancer through modification of estrogen metabolism...
- Ethnic differences in weight gain and diabetes risk: the Multiethnic Cohort StudyY Morimoto
Cancer Research Center, University of Hawaii, 1236 Lauhala Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, Hawaii, USA
Diabetes Metab 37:230-6. 2011....
- Ethnic differences in serum adipokine and C-reactive protein levels: the multiethnic cohortY Morimoto
Epidemiology Program, University of Hawaii Cancer Center, Honolulu, HI, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 38:1416-22. 2014..Ethnic disparities in metabolic disease risk may be the result of differences in circulating adipokines and inflammatory markers related to ethnic variations in obesity and body fat distribution...
- Urinary isoflavone excretion as a compliance measure in a soy intervention among young girls: a pilot studyG Maskarinec
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:369-75. 2005..To investigate the compliance of young girls with a soy intervention...