Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Time-to-infection by Plasmodium falciparum is largely determined by random factorsMykola Pinkevych
Centre for Vascular Research, University of New South Wales Australia, Kensington NSW 2052, Sydney, Australia
BMC Med 13:19. 2015..It is important to understand how much of the observed variation in infection is simply due to chance...
- Age-related differences in naturally acquired T cell memory to Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1Kiprotich Chelimo
Center for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kisumu, Kenya
PLoS ONE 6:e24852. 2011..9% vs. 5.1%, P = 0.002; CD8: 47.0% vs. 20.5%, respectively, P = 0.030). These data support the concept that meaningful age-related differences exist in the quality of T-cell immunity to malaria antigens such as MSP1...
- Recurrent Plasmodium falciparum malaria infections in Kenyan children diminish T-cell immunity to Epstein Barr virus lytic but not latent antigensCynthia J Snider
Department of Epidemiology, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31753. 2012....
- The dynamics of naturally acquired immunity to Plasmodium falciparum infectionMykola Pinkevych
Centre for Vascular Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS Comput Biol 8:e1002729. 2012..Analysis and modelling of malaria infection dynamics and naturally acquired immunity with age provides important insights into what mechanisms of immune control may be harnessed by malaria vaccine strategists...
- Broadly reactive antibodies specific for Plasmodium falciparum MSP-1(19) are associated with the protection of naturally exposed children against infectionArlene E Dent
Center for Global Health and Diseases, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Malar J 11:287. 2012..IgG antibodies directed against all four variants have been detected, but it is not known if these variant specific antibodies are associated with haplotype-specific protection from infection...
- Humoral and cellular immunity to Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 and protection from infection with blood-stage parasitesAnn M Moormann
Center for Global Health and Diseases, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Infect Dis 208:149-58. 2013..Understanding immune correlates of protection from malaria would facilitate vaccine development and identification of biomarkers that reflect changes in susceptibility resulting from ongoing malaria control efforts...
- Elevated anti-Zta IgG levels and EBV viral load are associated with site of tumor presentation in endemic Burkitt's lymphoma patients: a case control studyAmolo S Asito
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA
Infect Agent Cancer 5:13. 2010..abstract:..
- The company malaria keeps: how co-infection with Epstein-Barr virus leads to endemic Burkitt lymphomaAnn M Moormann
Department of Pediatrics and Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 24:435-41. 2011..Although the causal association between EBV and eBL has been established, P. falciparum malaria's role is not as clearly defined. This review focuses on how malaria may disrupt EBV persistence and immunity...