Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- TGFbeta as a potential mediator of progesterone action in the mammary gland of pregnancyJenifer Monks
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, MS 8309, University of Colorado Health Sciences, Anschutz Medical Campus, P O Box 6511, 12800 E 19th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 12:249-57. 2007..Yet no formal link between the two has ever been established. This work aims to review the evidence for and against a link between progesterone and TGFbeta, raise unanswered questions, and to propose further lines of research...
- Epithelial cells remove apoptotic epithelial cells during post-lactation involution of the mouse mammary glandJenifer Monks
Program in Cell Biology, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
Biol Reprod 78:586-94. 2008..Macrophages and other inflammatory cells did not contribute to the clearance of either residual milk or apoptotic cells, which appeared to be due entirely to the epithelium itself...
- Differentiation of the mammary epithelial cell during involution: implications for breast cancerJenifer Monks
Webb Waring Center, University of Colorado, Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 14:159-70. 2009..And with the finding that involution may represent a unique susceptibility window for the progression of metastatic breast cancer, we may suggest areas for future research along these lines as well...
- Sterol regulatory element binding protein and dietary lipid regulation of fatty acid synthesis in the mammary epitheliumMichael C Rudolph
1Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E918-27. 2010....
- The insulin receptor plays an important role in secretory differentiation in the mammary glandMargaret C Neville
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 305:E1103-14. 2013..We conclude that insulin fosters differentiation and may inhibit cell proliferation in the mammary gland of the midpregnant mouse...
- Alternatively activated macrophages and collagen remodeling characterize the postpartum involuting mammary gland across speciesJenean O'Brien
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Denver, Mail Stop 8117, RC 1 S, 8401K, 12801 E 17 Avenue, UCD, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Pathol 176:1241-55. 2010..M2 macrophages, IL-4, IL-13, fibrillar collagen accumulation, and proteolysis of collagen are all components of tumor promotional microenvironments, and thus may mediate promotion of breast cancers arising in the postpartum setting...
- Albumin transcytosis across the epithelium of the lactating mouse mammary glandJenifer Monks
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Room 2802 2, Box C240, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Physiol 560:267-80. 2004..The possibility that the massive transfer of albumin into mouse milk is mediated by fluid phase transport is considered...
- Contribution of xanthine oxidoreductase to mammary epithelial and breast cancer cell differentiation in part modulates inhibitor of differentiation-1Mehdi A Fini
Webb Waring Center, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Campus Box C 322, 12850 East Montview Boulevard, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Mol Cancer Res 9:1242-54. 2011....
- Do inflammatory cells participate in mammary gland involution?Jenifer Monks
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 7:163-76. 2002..The ensuing model describes a process of involution that actively suppresses an inflammatory response in the gland, allowing for effective tissue remodeling and damage prevention...
- Xanthine oxidoreductase mediates membrane docking of milk-fat droplets but is not essential for apocrine lipid secretionJenifer Monks
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Center, Aurora, CO, 80045, USA
J Physiol 594:5899-5921. 2016..XOR mediates apical membrane reorganization during milk lipid secretion. Loss of XOR delays milk fat globule secretion. XOR loss alters the proteome of milk fat globules...