Affiliation: University of California
- Parenting-related stressors and self-reported mental health of mothers with young childrenRitesh Mistry
Center for Healthier Children, Families, and Communities, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Public Health 97:1261-8. 2007..We assessed whether there were associations between maternal mental health and individual and co-occurring parenting stressors related to social and financial factors and child health care access...
- Adolescent smoking risk increases with wider income gaps between rich and poorRitesh Mistry
University of California, Los Angeles UCLA, Department of Health Services, 650 Charles Young Drive South, Room A2 125 CHS, Box 956900, Los Angles, CA 90095 6900, USA
Health Place 17:222-9. 2011..The findings suggest that it may be important to consider and address economic inequality in the prevention and control of adolescent tobacco use...
- "Women's autonomy and pregnancy care in rural India: a contextual analysis"Ritesh Mistry
Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, 650 Charles Young Drive South, Room A2 125 CHS Box 956900, Los Angeles, United States
Soc Sci Med 69:926-33. 2009..Improvements in women's autonomy and these village factors may improve healthier child bearing in rural India...
- Resilience and patterns of health risk behaviors in California adolescentsRitesh Mistry
University of California, Los Angeles UCLA School of Public Health, Department of Health Services, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control Research, USA
Prev Med 48:291-7. 2009..Assess whether adolescent health risk behaviors cluster, and whether resiliency factors are associated with observed clusters...
- Measuring medical burden using CIRS in older veterans enrolled in UPBEAT, a psychogeriatric treatment program: a pilot studyRitesh Mistry
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, and Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 59:1068-75. 2004..The goal of this pilot study was to determine whether the inclusion of acute medical conditions undermines the usefulness of the CIRS. No such comparison was found in the existing literature...
- Social isolation predicts re-hospitalization in a group of older American veterans enrolled in the UPBEAT Program. Unified Psychogeriatric Biopsychosocial Evaluation and TreatmentR Mistry
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System West LA Healthcare Center, 116S, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:950-9. 2001..predict re-hospitalization in a group of older men enrolled in Unified Psychogeriatric Biopsychosocial Evaluation and Treatment (UPBEAT), a mental health care-coordination project at nine Veterans Affairs Healthcare Centers nationwide?..
- Symptoms of depression and anxiety (MHI) following acute medical/surgical hospitalization and post-discharge psychiatric diagnoses (DSM) in 839 geriatric US veteransSylvia Gerson
UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences and Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, Los Angeles, California, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:1155-67. 2004..We were unable to find such studies in the literature...
- Density of tobacco retailers near schools: effects on tobacco use among studentsWilliam J McCarthy
School of Public Health and the Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Am J Public Health 99:2006-13. 2009..We examined the relationship between students' tobacco use and the density and proximity of tobacco retailers near their schools...
- Pilot test of a peer-led small-group video intervention to promote mammography screening among Chinese American immigrantsAnnette E Maxwell
School of Public Health and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Los Angeles, 650 Charles Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6900, USA
Health Promot Pract 12:887-99. 2011..Four of the educators were very interested in conducting another group session in the next 6 months...
- A midpoint process evaluation of the Los Angeles Basin Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health Across the US (REACH US) Disparities Center, 2007-2009Annette E Maxwell
UCLA Department of Cancer Prevention and Control Research, School of Public Health and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Box 956900, A2 125 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6900, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 8:A115. 2011..Racial/ethnic minority groups have higher risks for disease resulting from obesity...
- Role modeling, risk, and resilience in California adolescentsAntronette K Yancey
Department of Health Services and Center to Eliminate Health Disparities, UCLA School of Public Health, 650 Charles Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Adolesc Health 48:36-43. 2011..To examine the relationship between role model presence, type of role model, and various health-risk and health-protective behaviors among California adolescents...
- Training Mixtec promotores to assess health concerns in their community: a CBPR pilot studyAnnette E Maxwell
Center for Cancer Prevention and Control Research, Fielding School of Public Health and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Los Angeles, Box 956900, A2 125 CHS, Los Angeles, CA, 90095 6900, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 16:310-3. 2014..Training promotores to conduct focus groups can increase organizational capacity to identify pressing health needs in under-represented and hard-to-reach population groups. ..
- Pausa para tu Salud: reduction of weight and waistlines by integrating exercise breaks into workplace organizational routineAgustin Lara
Department of Health Services and Center to Eliminate Health Disparities, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control Research, UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 5:A12. 2008..This study describes implementation and evaluation of an intervention, Pausa para tu Salud (Pause for Your Health), that integrated a brief period of group exercise into the workday...
- Banning tobacco sales and advertisements near educational institutions may reduce students' tobacco use risk: evidence from Mumbai, IndiaRitesh Mistry
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control Research, University of California, Los Angeles, USA Department of Health Policy and Health Management, University of California, Los Angeles, USA Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Tob Control 24:e100-7. 2015..In school-adjacent neighbourhoods in Mumbai, we assessed adherence to these policies and whether tobacco vendor and advertisement densities were associated with students' tobacco use...
- Cancer control planners' perceptions and use of evidence-based programsPeggy A Hannon
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 16:E1-8. 2010..The Cancer Prevention and Control Research Network consortium is using these findings to develop a Web-based interactive training and decision support tool that is responsive to the needs identified by the survey respondents...
- Satisfaction with health care for young childrenNeal Halfon
Department of Community Health Sciences, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, California, USA
Pediatrics 113:1965-72. 2004....
- Cognitive mediators and disparities in the relation between teen depressiveness and smokingRitesh Mistry
Center for Cancer Prevention and Control Research, University of California, Los Angeles, United States Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan, United States Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 140:56-62. 2014..Depressiveness and tobacco use in adolescents are linked, however, there is limited evidence about the cognitive mediators involved and how the role of mediators may differ by gender and racial/ethnic subgroups...
- Integrating clinical, community, and policy perspectives on human papillomavirus vaccinationMaria E Fernandez
School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 31:235-52. 2010..The resulting integrated framework can be used as a heuristic tool for organizing factors at multiple levels to guide intervention development and future research...
- Disparities in primary care for vulnerable children: the influence of multiple risk factorsGregory D Stevens
Division of Community Health, USC Keck School of Medicine, CA, USA
Health Serv Res 41:507-31. 2006..Profiles are used to examine disparities in child/adolescent health status and primary care experience...
- The parent-provider relationship: does race/ethnicity concordance or discordance influence parent reports of the receipt of high quality basic pediatric preventive services?Gregory D Stevens
Division of Community Health, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, 1000 South Fremont Avenue, Building A7, Alhambra, CA 91803, USA
J Urban Health 82:560-74. 2005....
- Overview of the content of health supervision for young children: reports from parents and pediatriciansLynn M Olson
Department of Practice and Research, American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007, USA
Pediatrics 113:1907-16. 2004..To describe the content of anticipatory guidance provided to parents of infants and toddlers and to identify primary areas of unmet need as reported by both parents and pediatricians...
- Has the relation between income inequality and life expectancy disappeared? Evidence from Italy and top industrialised countriesRoberto De Vogli
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College of London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 59:158-62. 2005..To investigate the relation between income inequality and life expectancy in Italy and across wealthy nations...