Paul E Mintken
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Psychometric properties of the shortened disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder, and Hand Questionnaire (QuickDASH) and Numeric Pain Rating Scale in patients with shoulder painPaul E Mintken
Physical Therapy Program, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 18:920-6. 2009..To examine the psychometric properties of the Shortened Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder, and Hand Questionnaire (QuickDASH) and the Numeric Pain Rating Scale (NPRS) in patients with shoulder pain...
- AAOMPT clinical guidelines: A model for standardizing manipulation terminology in physical therapy practicePaul E Mintken
School of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, 13121 E 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 38:A1-6. 2008..Patient position: Describe the position of the patient, for example, supine, prone, recumbent. This would include any premanipulative positioning of a region of the body, such as being positioned in rotation or side bending...
- Upper cervical ligament testing in a patient with os odontoideum presenting with headachesPaul E Mintken
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, Department of Physical Therapy, Denver, CO, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 38:465-75. 2008..Resident's case problem...
- Development of a clinical prediction rule to identify patients with neck pain likely to benefit from thrust joint manipulation to the cervical spineEmilio J Puentedura
Department of Physical Therapy, School of Allied Health Sciences, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV 89154 3029, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 42:577-92. 2012..Prospective cohort/predictive validity study...
- Manual physical therapy and exercise versus supervised home exercise in the management of patients with inversion ankle sprain: a multicenter randomized clinical trialJoshua A Cleland
Department of Physical Therapy, Franklin Pierce University, Concord, NH 03301, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 43:443-55. 2013..Randomized clinical trial...
- Psychometric properties of the Fear-Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire and Tampa Scale of Kinesiophobia in patients with shoulder painPaul E Mintken
University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, Department of Physical Therapy, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 91:1128-36. 2010..To investigate the reliability and validity of 2 commonly used measures of pain related fear in patients with shoulder pain...
- Thoracic spine thrust manipulation versus cervical spine thrust manipulation in patients with acute neck pain: a randomized clinical trialEmilio J Puentedura
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 41:208-20. 2011..Randomized clinical trial...
- Patient expectations of benefit from interventions for neck pain and resulting influence on outcomesMark D Bishop
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 43:457-65. 2013..Retrospective cohort...
- Some factors predict successful short-term outcomes in individuals with shoulder pain receiving cervicothoracic manipulation: a single-arm trialPaul E Mintken
Department of Physical Therapy, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, 13121 E 17th Ave, Mailstop C244, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Phys Ther 90:26-42. 2010..To date, limited data are available to help physical therapists determine which patients with shoulder pain may experience changes in pain and disability following the application of these interventions...
- Clinical decision making in a patient with secondary hip-spine syndromeScott A Burns
Department of Physical Therapy, Temple University, College of Health Professions and Social Work, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Physiother Theory Pract 27:384-97. 2011..The findings of this case report suggest that individuals with a primary complaint of LBP with hip impairments may benefit from interventions to reduce hip impairments...