Affiliation: University of California
- Council of Pediatric Subspecialties (CoPS): the first five yearsRichard Mink
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Pediatrics 130:335-41. 2012..This article highlights CoPS' many achievements and describes the methods it used to accomplish them, illustrating how pediatric subspecialists can develop a communication network and use this to work together to achieve common goals...
- Changes in brain neurofilament and beta-tubulin proteins after cerebral hypoxia-ischemia in rabbitsR B Mink
Department of Pediatrics, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Harbor UCLA Research and Education Institute, Torrance, Calif 90509, USA
Pathobiology 68:43-52. 2000..The response of the NF proteins to brain injury is more complicated than described previously. Additional studies examining the regulation and metabolism of the NF are warranted, especially regarding the role of phosphorylation...
- The effect of infusing hypoxanthine or xanthine on hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in rabbitsRichard Mink
Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, USA
Brain Res 1147:256-64. 2007..Infusion of hypoxanthine reduced cerebral injury suggesting that another mechanism may explain why inhibition of XO reduces brain damage...
- Metabolic levels in the corpus callosum and their structural and behavioral correlates after moderate to severe pediatric TBITalin Babikian
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 760 Westwood Plaza, Room C8 746, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Neurotrauma 27:473-81. 2010..This will help guide the future development of targeted therapeutic agents...
- The effect of normothermic and hypothermic hypoxia-ischemia on brain hypoxanthine phosphoribosyl transferase activityTony Cherin
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Critical Care, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Neurol Res 28:831-6. 2006..We hypothesized that cerebral hypoxia-ischemia would decrease the activity of this enzyme, and that this reduction would be attenuated by moderate hypothermia...