Affiliation: University of Washington
- Large dielectrophoresis force and torque induced by localized surface plasmon resonance of Au nanoparticle arrayXiaoyu Miao
Electrical Engineering Department, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Opt Lett 32:295-7. 2007..Theoretical modeling, fabrication, and characterization results for the cap-shaped Au nanoparticle array, as well as preliminary trapping results, are reported...
- New opto-plasmonic tweezers for manipulation and rotation of biological cells--design and fabricationXiaoyu Miao
Dept of Electr Eng, Washington Univ, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:4318-21. 2006..Fine orientation control of the cells can be realized by tuning the polarization state of the input light...
- Low power laser induced microfluidic mixing through localized surface plasmonXiaoyu Miao
Electrical Engineering Department, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:6307-10. 2007..Experimental evidence and modeling results both show that LSP from the Au nanostructure is crucial to establish a temperature gradient with sufficient magnitude to induce the convective flow when using a low-power laser source...
- Optical manipulation of micron/submicron sized particles and biomolecules through plasmonicsXiaoyu Miao
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Opt Express 16:13517-25. 2008..Moreover, we demonstrate for the first time efficient localized concentration of sub-micron sized particles and DNAs of various sizes through photothermal effect of plasmonics...
- Scalable nano-particle assembly by efficient light-induced concentration and fusionBenjamin K Wilson
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Opt Express 16:17276-81. 2008..Bridges were assembled from as many as thousands to as few as one NP and were found to form solid electrical contact between the electrodes, as verified by measuring the current--voltage (I-V) characteristic...