Ana Claire Meyer
Affiliation: University of California
- Utility of quantitative sensory testing and screening tools in identifying HIV-associated peripheral neuropathy in Western Kenya: pilot testingDeanna Cettomai
Center for Microbiology Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Nairobi, Kenya
PLoS ONE 5:e14256. 2010..We aimed to identify tools that accurately distinguish individuals with moderate/severe peripheral neuropathy and can be administered by non-physician healthcare workers (HCW) in resource-constrained settings...
- Lessons learned developing a diagnostic tool for HIV-associated dementia feasible to implement in resource-limited settings: pilot testing in KenyaJudith Kwasa
Center for Microbiology Research Kenya Medical Research Institute, Nairobi, Kenya
PLoS ONE 7:e32898. 2012..To conduct a preliminary evaluation of the utility and reliability of a diagnostic tool for HIV-associated dementia (HAD) for use by primary health care workers (HCW) which would be feasible to implement in resource-limited settings...
- Critical determinants of the epilepsy treatment gap: a cross-national analysis in resource-limited settingsAna Claire L Meyer
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Epilepsia 53:2178-85. 2012..Our objective was to determine which economic, health care, neurology, and epilepsy-specific resources were associated with untreated epilepsy in resource-constrained settings...
- Predictors of outcome in routine care for Cryptococcal meningitis in Western Kenya: lessons for HIV outpatient care in resource-limited settingsCaroline Kendi
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, Visiting Scientist, Research, Care and Training Program, Center for Microbiology Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Box 614 40100, Kisumu, Kenya
Postgrad Med J 89:73-7. 2013..We assessed adherence to treatment guidelines and determined predictors of survival...
- Global disparities in the epilepsy treatment gap: a systematic reviewAna Claire Meyer
San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, 1001 Potrero Avenue 4M62, Box 0870, San Francisco, CA, 94110, United States of America
Bull World Health Organ 88:260-6. 2010..To describe the magnitude and variation of the epilepsy treatment gap worldwide...
- Training needs and evaluation of a neuro-HIV training module for non-physician healthcare workers in western KenyaDeanna Cettomai
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Neurol Sci 307:92-6. 2011..Recent efforts to improve neurological care in resource-limited settings have focused on providing training to non-physician healthcare workers...
- Nervous system disorders across the life course in resource-limited settingsGretchen L Birbeck
Epilepsy Division, Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, 265 Crittenden Boulevard, CU420694, Rochester, New York 14642 0694, USA
Nature 527:S167-71. 2015....
- Creation of the AAN Global Health Section, Part I: introduction and backgroundAmy C Lee
Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Mountain View, CA, USA
Neurology 80:2062-4. 2013..The Global Health Section currently consists of over 200 members. In a 2-part series, we present a summary of the Global Health Section strategic plan and vision for future activities...
- Asymptomatic cryptococcemia in resource-limited settingsAna Claire Meyer
Department of Neurology, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, 1001 Potrero Avenue, Bldg 1, Room 101, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 10:254-63. 2013..While such an intervention shows promise, there are critical gaps in our understanding of ACA and its implications in the outpatient setting and an urgent need for additional research in this area. ..