Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Resource document on the use of restraint and seclusion in correctional mental health careJeffrey L Metzner
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 35:417-25. 2007..This document provides guidance in remedying such problems, with a focus on areas relevant to timeframes, settings, and monitoring...
- Commentary: driving and psychiatric illnessJeffrey L Metzner
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 32:80-2. 2004
- An overview of correctional psychiatryJeffrey Metzner
University of Colorado School of Medicine, 3300 East First Avenue, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 29:761-72. 2006..Though there is a role for advocacy from those supporting or opposed to such environments, there is also a need for objective, scientifically rigorous study of these units and the people who live there...
- Clark v. Arizona: diminishing the right of mentally ill individuals to a full and fair defenseHal Wortzel
VISN19 MIRECC, Denver Veterans Medical Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 34:545-8. 2006....
- Introduction to: resource document on the use of restraint and seclusion in correctional mental health careJeffrey L Metzner
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 35:415-6. 2007
- Psychiatric employment evaluations and theHealth Insurance Portability and Accountability ActLiza H Gold
2501 North Glebe Rd, Suite 204, Arlington, VA 22207, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:1878-82. 2006..Understanding the provisions of the act relative to third-party evaluations can assist psychiatrists in avoiding some of the conflicts that arise in performing such evaluations...
- Improving correctional mental health systems: an academic/forensic psychiatrist's perspectiveJeffrey L Metzner
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, USA
Acad Psychiatry 27:201-3. 2003
- Class action litigation in correctional psychiatryJeffrey L Metzner
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver 80206, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 30:19-29; discussion 30-2. 2002..Specifically discussed are issues relevant to suicide prevention, the prevalence of mentally ill inmates in supermax prisons, and discharge planning...
- Robert D Miller MD, PhD: September 4, 1941-July 13, 2006Richard Martinez
Behav Sci Law 25:333-5. 2007
- Commentary: The role of mental health in the inmate disciplinary processJeffrey L Metzner
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 30:497-9. 2002